• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger is spawning more units then i'm telling it to spawn... wtf... -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
:ned: Okay, SO... Here's the trigger i'm talking about. I set up this trigger in W.E. JUST EXACTLY like it's displayed below...

• Respawn
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to (This trigger) the event (Time - Every 90.00 seconds of game time)
      • Unit - Create 2 Footman for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Creepspawn 1 <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Rifleman for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Creepspawn 1 <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Priest for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Creepspawn 1 <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 2 Footman for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Creepspawn 2 <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Rifleman for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Creepspawn 2 <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Priest for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Creepspawn 2 <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Mortar Team for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Creepspawn 3 <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
      • Unit Group - Order (Units in Creepspawn 1 <gen>) to Patrol To (Center of Creep Move <gen>)
      • Unit Group - Order (Units in Creepspawn 2 <gen>) to Patrol To (Center of Creep Move <gen>)
      • Unit Group - Order (Units in Creepspawn 3 <gen>) to Patrol To (Center of Creep Move <gen>)

...and for the most part everything works fine, as I intended it to. Everything, EXCEPT for this...

What is supposed to happen:

Every 90 seconds of game time that passes, 2 Footmen, a Rifleman and a Priest will spawn at 2 separate spawn locations (Creepspawn's 1 & 2), along with 1 Mortar Team that spawns at a totally separate location (Creepspawn 3), which will then be issued to Patrol to a designated location.

What is NOT supposed to happen but (for some utterly stupid reason) happens anyway:

On the 2nd 90-second interval that passes, instead of only the given amt. of units spawning, it spawns DOUBLE the amount that was originally intended to spawn!!! For example, in the first interval, an amount of 2/1/1 spawns, which is again the correct amount. But then in the 2nd interval, and amount of 4/2/2 spawn. And it keeps adding by 2/1/1 each time! So that by the 5th interval it's spawning 10/5/5!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK ? ! :eekani:

Believe me, I checked and I haven't made any other triggers in the map that relate to this one in ANY way, shape or form! Trust me, I checked SO many times its not even funny...

What is going on... -_-:ned:

P.S: Help plz kthx :3

Also P.S: I am using the original WC3 World Editor, no special versions or anything.

Level 37
  • Actions
    • Set Temp_Loc_1 = Center of Creepspawn 1 <gen>
    • Unit - Create 2 Footman for Neutral Hostile at (Temp_Loc_1) facing 180.00 degrees
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc_1)
    • ----set temp loc again---
    • Set Temp_Group_1 = Units in Creepspawn 1 <gen>
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group_1 and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Patrol To Temp_Loc_1
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group_1)
      • ----remember to remove location leak----

Like this. Do some changes and post the trigger when you're done.

Level 4
:ned: ...wuuuuuut. You mean I HONESTLY have to do a fucking custom script?!

fuck me...

Well i'll try it out, see how it goes and see if any results pop up...:ned:

EDIT:

Okay, um, whoa... when I tried to do what you just told me to... umm... it error'd and disabled the trigger. Umm, THE FUCK? I typed all those in just as you wanted me to:eekani:

Okay im SERIOUSLY not digging this fucking editor...:thumbs_down:

Last edited:
Level 4
:angry: Nope, nevermind. Didn't do a FUCKING thing.

Even tried changing EVERY SINGLE capital letter in the custom scripts to lowe-case. Didn't do a FUCKING thing.:angry:

Welp, i'm outta fucking options up to this point. It looks like I truly screwed up. Either someone gives me an answer that will fix this or i'm just gonna have to forget about map-making altogether if this is the kind of shit that happens that I can't fix.

P.S: Here's the full trigger AFTER I made the capitalization changes...
  • Respawn
    • Events
      • Time - Every 90.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set temp_wbspawn1 = WBase Creepspawn 1 <gen>
      • Set temp_wbspawn2 = WBase Creepspawn 2 <gen>
      • Set temp_wbspawn3 = WBase Creepspawn Water <gen>
      • Unit - Create 2 Footman for Neutral Hostile at (Center of WB Creepspawn <gen> facing 180.00 degrees
      • Etc. (unnecessary to write out each individual spawn, as this is only a display.)
      • Custom script: call removelocation(udg_temp_wbspawn1)
      • Custom script: call removelocation(udg_temp_wbspawn2)
      • Custom script: call removelocation(udg_temp_wbspawn3)
      • Set temp_wbspawn1 = WBase Creepspawn 1 <gen>
      • Set temp_wbspawn2 = WBase Creepspawn 2 <gen>
      • Set temp_wbspawn3 = WBase Creepspawn Water <gen>
      • Set temp_wbcreep1 = Units in WBase Creepspawn 1 <gen>
      • Set temp_wbcreep2 = Units in WBase Creepspawn 2 <gen>
      • Set temp_wbcreep3 = Units in WBase Creepspawn Water <gen>
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_wbcreep1 and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Patrol To (Center of temp_wbspawn1))
      • Etc. (again, unnecessary)
      • Custom script: call destroygroup(udg_temp_wbcreep1)
      • Custom script: call destroygroup(udg_temp_wbcreep2)
      • Custom script: call destroygroup(udg_temp_wbcreep2)
      • Custom script: call removelocation(udg_temp_wbspawn1)
      • Custom script: call removelocation(udg_temp_wbspawn2)
      • Custom script: call removelocation(udg_temp_wbspawn3)

Last edited:
Level 4
1: W-w-wait a minute, I thought you said to take OUT the capitalization...? Oh man im confused >.<

2: Thats what i'm trying to do, but it wont let me enable it cuz of all these errors that have to do with "Expected a function name". Infact, thats actually the second problem that just arose is that it wont let me enable it. Probably linked to the un-capitalization of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.