• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Helps are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm trying to make a D-Day Map. The map is going to be based on the terrain from saving private ryan, well somewhat at least. You're basically one of the Allied soldiers, and you must destroy the computer before their reinforcements arrive. hiding behind barriers and etc will give you higher chance to evade bullets, and each character can carry one main weapon and one sub weapon.
now the problems I am having:
1. first is that to make this seem more realistic, this is going to be done in third person. first problem that I have, is that when your hero goes uphill, then the third person camera still remains at the bottom of the hill and limits you on how high you can go. is there a way to have the camera fixed so when your hero goes uphill, your camera goes uphill as well?
2. for the sniper, there will be a zoom mode, allowing the sniper to shoot from a farther distance. zoom mode will be a skill, but i need to know how to change the camera so it actually goes infront of your character and makes it seem like it zoomed. currently your character can not move when zoomed, but I'm having a hard time making the camera seem like it zoomed...
3. How do I make the flamethrower explode and deal damage to near by units when it dies. that seems more realistic...

If anyone can help me out. It'd be appereciated. and your name will be on the credits for special thanks. thanks
-Blue

Level 4
1. first is that to make this seem more realistic, this is going to be done in third person. first problem that I have, is that when your hero goes uphill, then the third person camera still remains at the bottom of the hill and limits you on how high you can go. is there a way to have the camera fixed so when your hero goes uphill, your camera goes uphill as well?

Uh... maybe try something with the camera Z-offset (that is if you are using WEU) and covering different level hills with some type of unit with 0 collision size (and unselectable and invisible and blah blah blah) or maybe a region or something.

Level 7
To change the camera height on hills, I'd just make regions and change it when the unit enters specific regions. And to make the sniper rifle zoom in, turn off the regular 3rd person camera trigger and enable another trigger that says something like:
Code:
Events
Every .25 seconds of the game
Conditions
Actions
Camera - Pan camera for (Player 1) to position of (Hero [1]) offset by 1000 toward (facing of (Hero [1]) degrees) over .5 seconds
Camera - Set (Player 1) Angle of Attack to 360 over .5 seconds
Camera - Set (Player 1) Height Offset to 40 over .5 seconds
Camera - Set (Player 1) Rotation to (Facing of (Hero [1]) degrees) over .5 seconds
Camera - Set (Player 1) Distance to target to 0 over .5 seconds
And modify that trigger so it works for all players if it's multiplayer. The best would be to use a for loop.

Level 6
wait what do you mean like use a region. what if im going up a hill does that mean that i have to change the trigger for every height?

Level 6
would there be a way to run a check on the height of the character and adjusting the camera to that? can anyone else help me with this?

Level 6
1. i had that problem too. not that easy to fix. if theres no z-coordinate to refer u really should try regions (u dont need that many, just make sure the new camera is applied SLOWLY - like over 10 seconds)
2. use same as 3rd person but a negative offset.
3. id make a triggered ability for that. something like event: hp <= 0 condition: is a flamethrower action: force unit to damage area (theres an action called quite similar to that) and add a burning special effect for the victims (use a unitgroup, pick all units nearby).

Level 6
okay with the region thing, should i place two regions incase you turn back down while climbing uphill, so the camera doesnt remain up at the hill?

Status
Not open for further replies.