• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I need help with in-game cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
You all know how the normal veiw lets you scroll, right, but i want it so that is a camera mode with 2 other camera types, one that follows behind the character (slightly back) and one that is locked at a hight, but can be controlled by the arrow keys, and, on top of it all, they need to be changeable by pressing the "esc" key, i need help on this, so a big ty will go to the person that did it (a early spot in the credits map)

Level 9
I'd recommend to use a dialog for this.
To use escape, use the event: 'Player skips a cinematic scene'

Then, when escape is pressed, open the dialog, add the buttons for the different camera modes, and create the execution triggers.

Best way to learn how to lock camera's to unit and such, i'd recommend downloading the 'shootout' map in my map list, a 3d person view is used there aswel.

Level 4
click on his name, and look on his profile at the list of maps that he has uploaded to this site.

I would not use a dialog and just make the view cycle through the views using the esc key. If you insist on using the esc key.

Level 9
lol, i knew that :lol: , but i thought he meant "shootout" was his maps name, but i now know that he meant map type thanks anyway , but i cna figure out what map it is.... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.