• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Camera Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le0

Le0

Level 1
Hi, i'd like to get help about a small camera problem i have.

Im trying to make a hero choosing system that is like the one in Azeroth Grand prix, basically i need to have the camera locked to my unit being displayed BUT i need to be able to use the mouse to select the hero i want. I tried using lock camera but locking it to the unit doesnt let me use the zoom i want so im way too far my unit and the effect is not good. Could anyone give me a hand ? thank you

Level 6
why don't you simply select the displayed unit via trigger and give it a 'sold unit' that needs to be bought to choose the hero...

just my thought - i haven't played azeroth but nevertheless it sounds like you have problems with the cam so ignore it and use some other way ^^

just my 2cents

- Raszul

Le0

Le0

Level 1
well yeah apparently there no other way to go around it ? I'll try to to watch the Azeroth Grand Prix source maybe it can help. thanks for your advices

Level 10
Le0 said:
Im trying to make a hero choosing system that is like the one in Azeroth Grand prix, basically i need to have the camera locked to my unit being displayed BUT i need to be able to use the mouse to select the hero i want. I tried using lock camera but locking it to the unit doesnt let me use the zoom i want so im way too far my unit and the effect is not good. Could anyone give me a hand ? thank you
This sounds somehow weird to me. If the camera is locked to a target, you can of course still use the mouse, you only can't scroll. So what's your problem?!
As far as I can see, Blizzard's camera in Azeroth Grand prix is also just locked to the target unit and that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.