• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need some little help on messing with the camera triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Im interested in learning how to "Lock" the camera onto a unit in a 3rd person view. I found out how to "Lock" the camera on the unit but not change the view. Would it might have something to do with creatin a camera on the field first and doing something in the triggers?

Im confused what to do next.

Level 3
Great! now I am getting somewher. Thanks!

Never mind about changing the view part I got that worked out by looking at one of the paintball maps. But what I cannot figure out is how to rotate that stupid view with the unit. I am still messing with the triggers but nothing is happening the way I want it to happen.

Need help!

Event -
Map initialization

Action -
Camera - Apply Camera 001 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to Paladin 0000 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Field of view to (Field of view of (Current camera)) over 0.10 seconds

Level 3
I have a glitch,

Event:
Map initialization

Action:
Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to Paladin 0014 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using The unit's rotation
Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of Paladin 0014 <gen>) over 0.10 seconds

Another trigger to make the one above to loop,

Event:
Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time

Action:
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing)) and do (Trigger - Run Untitled Trigger 002 <gen> (ignoring conditions))

Now, as I am sure this loop trigger is the biggest problem of it but thing is that if I removed the loop trigger, then the camera triggers only will work once. And, the rotation is not working.

Level 7
Event:
Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time

Action:
Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to Paladin 0014 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using The unit's rotation
Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of Paladin 0014 <gen>) over 0.10 seconds
Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to 500 over 0.10 seconds
Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Height offset to 100 over 0.10 seconds
Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 335 over 0.10 seconds

The problem is you're trying to set the camera to Camera 001 and then back to the unit constantly. Delete what's in red and add what's in blue. What's in yellow might need to be slightly adjusted, I'm only guessing how they'll fit. The picking player action leaks anyway.

Level 3
Thank you so much! just so you know your getting credit and all the rest of you has help me get further in my project for the mod Medieval total war.

All names of "Trigger Creators" will be displayed in-game or on loading screen. Thanks again!

Level 3
Okay, now that the camera triggers are set. Is there away that the player can still give orders over the mini map even though the player is in a 3rd person view of a character? if its a trigger could someone please post that here? thanks!

Level 3
After the hero has been loaded into the transport the camera does not lock. This is something needs to be fixed, I need it to follow the transport and also when hero unit is unloaded, I need the camera to relock onto the hero.

If you or someone don't mind posting how to do this then thanks. All thoughs are helping me further my project is being given credit on the loading screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.