• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Trigger Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need Help With Revive Trigger Ik how to do the simple instant revive trigger but i wanted to know how do you make the food stay when the hero is dead like dota when your hero is dead you have to wait and the food is still there How Do you Do the Dota Style of the Reviving Trigger

Level 3
So i create a Unit that has 0 Food

But im using this for a AOS

And They buy their hero from Tavern

Doing that would allow them to spam and onces i make the dummy what do i do next could you give more details course i am new to triggering And how do you make a djummy?

Last edited:
So i create a Unit that has 0 Food

But im using this for a AOS

And They buy their hero from Tavern

Doing that would allow them to spam and onces i make the dummy what do i do next could you give more details course i am new to triggering And how do you make a djummy?

Trigger 1)
event : unit enters playable area
condition: Entering unit was a hero , owner of entering unit equals to a user.
action: set p = whatever location and keep dummy without any sight.
create 1 dummy5foodcost at p.
call RemoveLocation(udg_p)

Effect: Ever since a hero which had 0 food cost was created, even upon death it will look like the hero is still costing food, the players will be unable to buy more heroes.
Cons: needless dummy.

Trigger 2)
Even: Map Iniliazation
Action: Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players).

* And check that each hero has requiment for "Any Tier 1 main" on their level 2 techtree required (watch naga as example) if they are still pickable after allready picked.
Effect: Ever since a hero which had 5 food cost was created, upon his death the food cost will go to zero, it will not allow, however, to choose a second hero once one was allready picked.
Cons: It does not work as you requested, as you requested the food cap to be modified and might not solve your precise case since you might have wanted to use that food cap for another thing?

One of those should do the trick, choose the one who fits best and keep in mind that a needless unit cause a small, needless, lag.

**** PS. ****
Your avatar picture must be smaller or it will be cut off and we can't see it.

A dummy is some sort of decoy used to substitute for something otherwise impossible or not appealing to the eye. Create a new unit with 5 food, n model or shadow, no ability to attack, then place it on your map.

A needless game element which can be not used, is a needless game element regardless how you treat it: give it spell immunity and earthquake will show needless buff above it, give it inulnerabilty and "action unpause all units, set ug = all units, pick every unit in ug and make it vulnerable, remove ug" as a small pause in a map story line will make it able to be attacked, give it Locust, and a knockback ability or any other triggering ability will still target it as it is impossible to add condition that check if the unit has the locust ability.
Yea, putting on any hero 5 food / requiment for any altar will not give needless game element. BETTER.

Status
Not open for further replies.