• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Failing...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So I have this rather basic trigger which I think should work, but in practice it doesn't.

• WhirlWind Heal Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Whirlwind Heal
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Evade (WhirlWind) (Item) to (Casting unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on WhirlWind Cast Stop <gen>
  • WhirlWind Cast Stop
    • Events
      • Unit - Grom Hellscream 0090 <gen> Takes damage
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Evade (WhirlWind) (Item) from Grom Hellscream 0090 <gen>
      • Unit - Create 1 StunDummy for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of Grom Hellscream 0090 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add StunGrom to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt Grom Hellscream 0090 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Ability Description: Caster starts spell, healing X amount every .25 seconds, and gaining evasion till damaged upon which the caster will be stunned for 2 seconds.

Whirlwind heal -- based off of Tranquility (heals caster)
Evade (Whirlwind) (Item) -- Item ability for evasion set to 85% percent chance to dodge.
StunGrom -- based off Storm Bolt, I've checked..it is set to stun for a duration and it is allowed to target allied units (should the attacker be friendly.)

Thanks!

Level 29
try putting in messages to see were it fails. also u should change casting unit to triggering unit. u also have a leak in ur second trigger. create a variable based on location and do
set temploc = position of Grom Hellscream 0090 <gen>
then do
create unit for owner of attacking unit at temploc
after tht do
custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_temploc)
to clear the leak

Level 13
My dummy unit had no model file, I just assumed it was being spawned, so I changed it to a footman, and it too did not spawn, which confuses me greatly :(. Any reason anyone can think of? I also added a text message to check to see if it got to the end of the second trigger which it did.. so I have no clue what is happening.

Level 13
Yeah I already set the mana to 0 also, the evasion is not 100% so it can get damaged, and the problem is not detecting the damage, because I know its doing just fine because the "evasion remove" is firing, and the end of the trigger is also happening, the problem is the creation of the dummy unit, for some reason its not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.