• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Editor is unusably unresponsive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
For some reason my trigger editor has become really slow for both WEX and the basic world editor. Especially when I try to edit triggers are really big. It can take up to 20 seconds for the editor to become responsive again whenever I select a single GUI action inside the editor. The object editor and all other parts of the editor are as responsive as ever. I have reinstalled both Warcraft 3 and the WEX editor, neither fixed anything. I am not sure for how long this problem has persisted, but it feels as if it has been getting worse. My computer isn't garbage and I didn't have these problems some months ago.

Level 11
Do you have the brush list enabled?

How big is "really big"? If it's something crazy like 2000 lines of GUI code then you probably need to refactor.

Also yeah, as marcos said, preplaced units clog up the variable list and can cause lag. It's a pain to get rid of the preplaced variables too; generally you have to delete every preplaced unit and put them back.

Level 7
I don't have brush list enabled and the unresponsiveness is like 3 seconds for triggers 30 GUI lines long.
The amount of units I have placed on the map is fifty tops. The map has about 100 global variables. This is not supposed to be so much as to make it lag right?
The most significant part about what I am experiencing is the fact that selecting actions in triggers that didn't make the trigger editor lag before make it lag now.

Last edited:
Level 7
Might want to post the map, since it's not any of the obvious or common causes.
I've opened about 6 different maps and I had the same problem in all of them. It seems to me as if it's not about the map, but either some issue with the editor or my hardware.

But if you want to compare the unresponsiveness that you are experiencing to what I am experiencing you could check: Weed vs Greed v3.49.
When I click on any action in the first trigger 'Start of Game' the editor becomes unresponsive for about 5 seconds.

Edit: I've converted most triggers in the map I'm working on to JASS now, but even then they are pretty laggy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.