• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World editor trigger editor overrides my CTRL commands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Whenever I try to use CTRL+V or CTRL+Z in the jass text editor inside trigger editor, the corresponding actions are performed for the trigger itself, not the text.

For example, if I try to copy and paste a line inside the code editor, another trigger gets copy and pasted. I think trigger editor is overriding all of my CTRL commands.

Has anyone had issues like this before? How do you fix it?

I'm using newgen 2.0.7

Level 6
I don't understand what you mean with 'actions being performed for the trigger'. CTRL + V is to paste, and CTRL + Z is to undo the recent action. If you copy the trigger itself and not text in it, it will also copy the trigger including its actions and all text from the last copy as well.

You should check the configure controls via File at the bottom on WE, maybe there is something that conflicts with these shortcuts (and of course a button that defaults the shortcuts).

Make sure you copy while in the JASS window and paste while in the JASS window. e.g. before you are about to paste, click on the line where you want to paste the code.

Most programs will choose what you want to paste based on what the "key" window is (the window(s) that is currently accepting mouse/key events) and what view you're looking at, e.g. in a browser, if you click on the search bar and paste, it'll paste there. If you click on a text field, it'll paste there. Same applies to the editor. Whenever you click on the triggers in their folders, the copy/paste commands will apply to the triggers rather than what is inside.

Level 3
Make sure you copy while in the JASS window and paste while in the JASS window. e.g. before you are about to paste, click on the line where you want to paste the code.

Most programs will choose what you want to paste based on what the "key" window is (the window(s) that is currently accepting mouse/key events) and what view you're looking at, e.g. in a browser, if you click on the search bar and paste, it'll paste there. If you click on a text field, it'll paste there. Same applies to the editor. Whenever you click on the triggers in their folders, the copy/paste commands will apply to the triggers rather than what is inside.

Yes, I make sure that the JASS window has the current focus. In fact, I click the line 3 times to make sure of this. I still have the same issue. This is a problem unique to the world editor (or newgen, not sure which)

Status
Not open for further replies.