• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Trigger Editor insane laggs what can lead to Crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone!

It's been a year since i posted last time ago. I am a random guy who's trying to remake the oldschool Warchasers map into a more action packed full of bosses map with a lot of events and extra story spiced with anime style.
I'm working on the map for a very long time now, with great pauses of course and ran into a problem.

It's basically not a crash but can lead into one, really fast!
I'm using the Public Test Version of Warcraft 3 with its unique world Editor.
I have this neaterino map, i can't open it with my regular Warcraft 3 world editor because it says Level info data is missing or invalid, but i can open it with the Public Test World Editor....weird huh?
So back to the topic.

Everything runs fine. Until i open the Trigger editor. Ya see i have a looooooot of triggers for this map.
I have a backup file which is an older version of this map, missing a lot of progress, that can open the regular editor and the public test verion one as well.
But this one, for some reason only the Public Test verion can open.
So again - Back to the topic.

The Trigger Editor pops up and BAM Lagg spikes. Everytime i do anything, BAM laggspikes.
I click on a trigger, it takes around 30-35 seconds to load, then i can click on the trigger's events and actions, wich if i do it would take another 30-35 seconds to progress what's happened, okay i can open the action to edit it, another 30-35 second of wait time.
And if i click during theese load periods, it can lead into a crash, and losing all my progress what i was making for the triggers.

I'm trying to edit the triggers but with this kind of load times its painful.
I have a pretty strong comp, 32gb ram i5-9600, nvidia 1060 aaaaaand welp this stuff happens.
Everything runs perfectly fine but the trigger editor.....

Hope someone can help me with this.
I have a lot of custom models added in, and a lot of triggers....hopefully that's not the problem because i plan to add more.....
Hope i give you any information about the topic you need.

Feel free to try out the map as well, hope you enjoy....altho don't mind the moanings.

Attachments

• (4)Cityofoblivion2.w3x
    129 MB · Views: 40
Level 3
Have you tried to export your triggers to your map working in regular editor, or some new map, and test if the issue remains ?(Trigger Editor > File > Export/Import triggers)

Level 2
Hi! No i didn't try it yet, but all the triggers works just fine....at least in both version. I probably forgot to mention i have one backup version of this map what lacks some progress of the "development" but both maps have most of the triggers... I will try to copy the new ones to the other world editor hopefully helps, altho i'd like to keep the new version one, or just somehow making it open with the regular World Editor not the Public Test version.

My biggest problem is the Trigger Editor.....lagging like hell

Level 2
Well if anyone else has any other solutions, i truly don't wanna copy all the new triggers to the old version :c
Old version editor doesn't lag out the trigger editor tho...

Level 3
Why don't you try to use Export triggers in your Beta Editor, and Import those triggers in your reforged Editor ?
If there is no more lag in reforged Editor with all your recent triggers imported all-in-one, then wouldn't it be fine ?

Level 2
Okay so i did export the triggers and imported them to the older Editor. An Error message popped up.
"This application has encountered a critical error:"
Not enough memory
Program; d:\warcraft iii\worldetid.exe
Object: .PAVCWETriggerFunction@@

Press OK to terminate the application.

Ehh.....

Also another problem accoured, the beta editor can't really handle some of the imported models i have in the Public Test Verion one. I can import them but they aren't showing up.

Level 2
Edit:

Remember when i said that i got a backup-file with an older version of this map? What can be opened with the BETA version Editor?
Well i did open it with the Public Test Version editor, and when i open the trigger editor, same thing happen with it.
So i guess its not the map's problem, the editor making a fuzz.

Everytime i click withing the Trigger editor, its freezes for a little while, then everything turns to okay, but its happening with EVERY click.
The trigger editor tab itself lagging like hell, all other tabs like Object editor works fine.
The Beta version editor doesn't do this btw.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I tested the provided map in the latest release version of World Editor, 1.32.5.15129, and cannot recreate the described issues. The trigger editor shows no performance issues at all, deleting entire folders of triggers as good as instantly.

I tested with Classic graphics enabled in World Editor. Did you have Reforged graphics enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.