• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Editor Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fud

Fud

Level 3
Well, basically any time i open trigger editor the program shuts down completely. sometimes its right away, sometimes when i click new trigger, sometimes when i click on any of the categories that appear. I have no clue why this is and trouble shooting would be nice.
my computer is a macbook pro if that matters at all.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
my computer is a macbook pro if that matters at all.
I am guessing you are running the OSX version of WC3? If so then such crashes are to be expected as OSX version of the editor is a lot less maintained than the windows version.

You can always pick up a cheap XP copy and virtualize it to run the windows version of WC3. You can get the windows version of WC3 free off your battlenet 2.0 account I believe (the lisences are for the game, and not the OS version it comes for).

Fud

Fud

Level 3
Parallels 7 is slow as hell... i have it though. So my map is an empty map i tried that but i discovered a way to work around it. If i disable the map before clicking it seems to not disconnect me. then i can reenable and all is good. no clue why but this works.

Fud

Fud

Level 3
im running xp copy. i bought it at a mac store. i don't disable a map but i simply disable the trigger before i start to work on it and it prevents it from disconnecting me. whatever its working for me no clue why but it is so i dont really need help anymore

Fud

Fud

Level 3
okay new problem (FML) now every time i try to launch any custom map through editor it says "unable to load file
'\{macpath03}\<map name>
-trigger data missing or invalid'
and doesnt load the map. This just started happening randomly one day and this really sucks cuz im almost done. It loads all files and finishes then comes up with message. no custom units spells triggers or any images appear. Once again im not running wc3 editor in any strange way. I got it from the mac store i believe its xp but its not osx so if those r the options then its xp. i havent changed any computer settings or map settings...

Fud

Fud

Level 3
Okay i figured out the issue with opening but now back to the old problem...

Last edited:

Fud

Fud

Level 3
This is really getting me angry now. Once again it is auto disconnecting... This time its as soon as i try to create new trigger so i absolutely cannot work around it in any way. Has anyone encountered this problem in the past?

Level 8
What do you mean disconnecting? is the editor crashing?

Get a windows emulator, and run a windows version, or if you have a 2nd comp that is windows, use it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Some GUI actions will just crash. This is because GUI is a badly designed piece of junk. An example of an action that will always crash is the hasthable save ability as the ability type it refers to is the real ability type and not GUI's fake integer ability type.

Status
Not open for further replies.