• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor crashes whole PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've got a problem that only occurs in my World Editor and I really need help in finding out why it keeps occuring.

The problem only occurs in my World editor and has never happened in the game or any other games\programs, but it only occurs when I open either the Object editor or the Trigger editior; it rarly happens in any other part of the Editor. The problem is that my whole computer will freeze completely and I have to manuelly shut it down. Also, it occurs randomly in the Object and Trigger editiors, it will happen right before I finish a unit or trigger (before I save), or it will freeze everything as soon as I open the Trigger or Object editor. There's even times when I can complete 3 new units and some triggers and it will never freeze.

If any one has experience this before or knows how to fix this, please let me know. It's very frustrating to make a new unit one property at a time, with one minute intervals.

Level 3
Is there a way to reinstall the Editor without reinstalling all of WC3?

No, you have to do it all over again. Most likely your WE is corrupted, or your computer is so freakin slow you can't wait a few minutes to open the editor. It could ALSO be your data for units that your object editor or the events/conditions/actions list the trigger editor is trying to load. Either way a simple reinstallation should fix that.

Level 2
I reinstalled all of WC3 and just after a few mintues of messing with triggers, it froze up again... Does anyone else know whats wrong with my Editor?

Deleted member 139377

D

Deleted member 139377

Try using a different editor :/... wait have you checked if its only doign it on that one map yet?

Level 2
The problem happens in all my maps, as I've tried making a new map to see if anything imported caused this problem.

And what other editors can I use instead of the origanol? I've tried World Editor Unlimitied and it still had the same problem.

Level 11
Almost sounds like you have Windows ME. If you do, trash your computer. Also sometimes certain computers just have bugs. Like in about two or three different unrelated programs, in the 'open file' dialog if you hover your mouse over a certain shortcut the program will just close. No error, no message. Program just dissapears. That error has been there since I got my computer. Some computers just have weird errors. Always make sure your computer operating system is up-to date.

Level 2
I've ran the compadibilty mode thing and had patch 1.21 before the problems started...

-- Not sure how to run it as Admid, but how would it help?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.