• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Trees and Attacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

xplicitjohn

X

xplicitjohn

2 Questions ;)

Is their anyway to lift the max. number of trees/destructible in world editor?

and also... in my survival map. If a path is blocked by barricades, the enemy wont attack it, but instead go find an another possible entrance. And it dosent attack the barricades, it only attacks sentry guns that are trying to kill it

Ty =) rep for anyone who can fix these problems for me

Level 6
1. Use JNGP [J]ass [N]ew [G]en ack, it has an special feature to enable unlimited doodads/destructible use.

xplicitjohn

X

xplicitjohn

Also, i try and make a hero able to build barriacades, but when i try in game, it builds but dosent finish it rendering the barricade useless.. How to fix?

Level 6
You could make the barricade a unit, this would make the enemies attack them automaticly.

The last problem is because your hero doesn't have the repair ability. Simple add that to him and it should be fixed :)

xplicitjohn

X

xplicitjohn

Nope, if you make the barricades into units, the invaders would still attack the towers. AI attackers always target towers first.
You'll need a trigger to issue orders.

GhostThruster, this is my trigger for my creep attacking
2pzyy38.jpg

=P

xplicitjohn, this is my trigger for my creep attacking
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack (Picked unit)
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack (Target destructible of issued order)
You have to DIRECTLY order the unit to attack the barricade. You can also make the towers invulnerable until the barricades are down.

"...AI attackers always target towers first."

Change the tower's custom value or whatever-it-is-called to ANOTHER type/value to make the creep thinks the tower as ANOTHER unit ?

What?
Let me rephrase; unless there are special circumstances eg. the tower cannot be reached, AI attackers always target sentient units that deal damage.

Level 33
What about triggers in DotA-tower system ?
When a Hero comes in contact of the tower, it attacks it instantly (right after the last allied unit is killed)

EDIT:
If the Hero (Allied) ATTACKS ENEMY HERO, then only the trigger takes place
HOW is this done ?
Same goes to creep
If Hero (Allied) targets enemy hero, the creep will instantly changes its attack target
OR, this is normal ?

I still don't understand you...

By the way, I meant:
AI attackers always target sentient units that deal damage first.
This means that when you take your Paladin and a Footman, a creep can choose between either target, however if you bring a Druid and a Wisp, the creep will attack the Druid first, unless there are special circumstances.

What about triggers in DotA-tower system ?
When a Hero comes in contact of the tower, it attacks it instantly (right after the last allied unit is killed)

EDIT:
If the Hero (Allied) ATTACKS ENEMY HERO, then only the trigger takes place
HOW is this done ?
Same goes to creep
If Hero (Allied) targets enemy hero, the creep will instantly changes its attack target
OR, this is normal ?

No, this was recently implemented, so that melee heroes don't become an easy target and get extremely nerfed. You can do this:
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Conditions
    • ((Triggering unit) is a Hero) Equal to True
    • ((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to True
  • Actions
    • Set Point1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Set TempGroup = (Units within 400.00 of Point1 matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and (Level of Dummy for (Matching unit)) Greater than 0)
    • If (All conditions are true) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Number of units in TempGroup) Greater than 0
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack (Attacking unit)
        • Else - Actions
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup)
Just give your creeps for both teams (Red and Green) an ability based on Bash for example with Bash chance = 0%, rename it into "Dummy" (for example) and make the integer comparison in the Unit Group pick, so that you check if the unit you pick is a creep.

Status
Not open for further replies.