• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tree not transform?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
[RESOLVED]
Hello broes,

i'm trying transform Tree in rock for using rock as resource. But any model that i put not work.
This message "Could not load ..." show and not work. Or show model in world editor and in map not work.
As in the picture (TreeinRock) <- The model used is from the world editor itself
My question is: Can't transform Tree into others models?

Thanks for help and sorry for anything!

Attachments

• TreeinRock.png
    TreeinRock.png
    593.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Level 21
I'm pretty sure that has something to do with:
a) using too many/not enough variations or
b) replaceable textures object fields

So try messing around with these.

Level 4
I'm pretty sure that has something to do with:
a) using too many/not enough variations or
b) replaceable textures object fields

So try messing around with these.
The rock that i used has 10 variations. I tested from 0 to 10 and does not work.
And "replaceable texture file" i not modified, it is the original Tree "Summer Tree Wall <Base>, Cityscape Summer Tree Wall <Base>,..." (the same from the tree on top of the stone)
I even changed it to a few different ones (as "barrens tree wall <base>..." and "Cityscape Ruined Tree Wall <base>..."), but it did not make any difference. :/

I see "replaceable Texture ID" <-That when I change the tree loses its model-
Can have anything to do with the stone not work in game?

Level 4
Perhaps Collision size?
No has collision size in the tree/rock :(
----
I took printscreen from the tree I copied to make the rock and rock I did, just changed the model and life / sound / name. (If anyone can see any error looking)
"Rock" (Copy) and "Tree" (original)
But, I think it is not possible to change a tree model except for another tree, why I already modified everything in this rock and nothing happens.
I'll look for another way to turn rock into a collectible resource. Anything I edit here!

Thanks for help bros! :)

----------------- [EDIT] -----------------
Hey bros!
I was able to find the problem
To change the model of the tree it was necessary to change the portrait too (Rock resolved.png)
In this way the model appeared normally in the game and in the editor.

Attachments

• Rock.png
    Rock.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Tree.png
    Tree.png
    52 KB · Views: 119
  • Rock resolved.png
    Rock resolved.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Level 4
Sorry double post and my insistence, but I'm getting puzzled by that already. :(
The above problem was solved only for standard models of war3 for rock, because I tried to put custom tree templates and it does not work.
Here's the template I'm trying to use on my map
Spruce Tree
It contains blp and mdx, but adding on my map, a green block is created leaving it invisible in game
So I downloaded 2 more models to see if there were still errors
Lordaeron Summer Tree #9 (Beta)
Tree
but still continue with the same error, creating a green block and leaving the tree invisible in game.

In this image below is the OBJECT EDITOR of my tree
(TREE.PNG)

I seem boring, but it already disturbs me.

Pls anyone know how to solve this problem?

Attachments

• Tree.png
    Tree.png
    40 KB · Views: 52
Level 21
Since this is bugging you still, i just created a new destructible from the Ashenvale Canopy Tree (the first one).

Follow the screens i attached and it should work - btw i am still sure it just depends on the amount of variations you use, using 1 should fix your problems, but better make sure:
RockChunksObjectEditor.jpg

RockChunksEditorScreen.jpg

RuckChunksIngame.jpg

Level 21
Well did you import the model + texture correctly? It works on my end, using the instructed paths:
war3mapImported\SummerSpruce.mdx
SummerTreeSkin.blp

Why did you overwrite the replaceable texture id in the object editor? That's not necessary.

SummerSpruce.jpg

Btw... after importing model and texture, you just need to correct the texture's path (99% of the time) and then save while being in the import editor, so you can directly use the model without restarting the editor.

Level 4
Very thanks for help, bro!

Btw... after importing model and texture, you just need to correct the texture's path (99% of the time) and then save while being in the import editor, so you can directly use the model without restarting the editor
I did not remember that I needed to save or restart WE3
It was just save and reboot that when the WE3 opened again it was working. :D

+REP! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.