• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tree Destructible -> Bug or Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Thanks for viewing!

I've recently began work on an old map, so my skills are worst than before. So I encounter more problems but there's a certain problem that makes my map less efficient that is also vital for the game.
The Real Deal
In my map, when a player chops down a tree, I want that tree to drop a certain amount of Wood[Items].
For instance, there's 3 types of tree.
- Dead Tree yielding 2 Wood
- Normal Tree yielding 3 Wood
- Great Tree yielding 1 Special Wood
So of course you'd think this trigger would work.
Events
- Destructible - A destructible within "Entire map" dies
Condition
- Or - Any (Conditions) are true
- (Destructible-type of (Dying destructible)) Equal to Dead Tree
- (Destructible-type of (Dying destructible)) Equal to Normal Tree
- (Destructible-type of (Dying destructible)) Equal to Great Tree
Action
- Item - Create "Wood" at (Position of (Dying Destructible))
- Etc...

Yes, that works, but only for the bottom of my map.
My map size is 160 x 160.
So is there something wrong with my Triggers or is it just a bug in WE?

Note* If you don't understand but want to help, I can try to re-clarify it.

EDIT: Also the trees will regrow back, so using "Item Dropped on Death" won't help as it's a One-Time trigger/ system.

+ REP To Helper(s)

Reactions: Rui
Level 3
Try using:
Destructible - A destructible within "Playable Map Area" dies
Yeah, thanks but I've tried just about everything. Nothing really works except for near the bottom of the map. The size certainly has an effect, So my last resort is Custom Scripting, of which I have low knowledge of.

Level 9
Does the unit that destroy the tree bring the wood back to a building? If it does than there is an easy way of doing that without triggers.

Level 3
Thank you, Lancer1111
Your method works for my map. It's an easy task since my map contains only so many trees. But we should all consider other people with maps that has over 100+ trees and is in need of a working method. So my problem is solved, but to reduce spam and space, You viewing mods should keep this as unsolved. Not telling you how to do your job, just a suggestion.

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Solved :)

hi Ancient
ok you open your editor you select all the tree that has the same drop type.
then you double click a tree to open doodads propertie, you go to item dropped.
you select personalised item table, you decide the chance for drop and the item dropped.
you do that for all tree that drop thing, selecting all tree that drop same item to take less time.
you can also go to advanced, item table to set item drop table and then double click the tree and select set table instead of personalised table.

that work only if the tree are pre placed i think, but that's usually the case.

if tree are not preplaced, then you put all the tree you create in a variable integer Tree[x] and the if tree[x] die create item XXX at position of Tree[x]

of course the above solution is correct too, only the 64 first tree are detected so make area that contain as much tree as possible but less than the limit and then do the trigger.

Event: (you can group all area in one trigger, multi event work fine in this case)
unit die in area 1
unit die in area 2
etc....

Action: create item at position of dying destructible

Level 3
Haha... My problem is solved, but I made a comment to keep this as unsolved in case someone else has the same problem as me. My problem was solved by Lancer1111, but then If someone could also come up with a trigger/ system to make it extend beyond 64 Destructible then this would truly be solved. But as of right now, it's not solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.