1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Treasure Rush

Submitted by Sclammerz
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
TREASURE RUSH v.1.1

My entry on Mini-mapping contest #11 since it's over I think I could upload it. :)
Helpful feedbacks are always welcome!

Map Info
A mini game map. Pick from 3 different heroes and find your way through the maze to the Treasure Chamber while competing with your enemies.

Story
An old, mystical dungeon was unsealed recently. Drawing the attention of greedy pirates, they allied with each other, to find the treasures concealed inside. The villagers of the village feared that if the treasures befall to their hands, they will be slaves of the pirates. You decided to find the treasures yourself to stop the pirates claim it. Luckily, you found a secret alternative way inside the dungeon and decided to took it. It may give you the edge towards the pirates to find the treasures quickly or it may not.

Screenshots
Screenshot
[​IMG]
Screenshot
[​IMG]
Screenshot
[​IMG]

Credits
Models
Sunchips
assasin_lord
HammerFist132
Tr!KzZ
Kitabatake
Hayate
manasou
lender
JetFangInferno
UgoUgo
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
JesusHipster
nGy
DonDustin.
Skins
67chrome
CloudWolf
Daenar7
13lackDeath.
Icons
~Nightmare
CRAZYRUSSIAN
CloudWolf
zbc
Daenar7
Anarchon
4eNNightmare
67chrome
The Panda
Apheraz Lucent
PeeKay
Blaxor
NFWar
The_Silent
Darkfang.
Others
Original Artwork Image - Matt Gaser
Edited by - ~Nightmare

Music:
Two Steps from Hell
Manheim Steamroller and Cr1msonKing

Changelog
Version 1.0
-Released
Version 1.1
- lighten the fog a bit
- Mana remove from the Riddle Mistress
- Dungeon Spikes can no longer be attack
- Fix some leaks
- Enemy pirates can now be observe
- Reduced the bat's hitpoints
- Fix the Void Lord's name
- Improved the Boss fight
- Small fixes

Keywords:
Treasure, Rush, Race, Pirates, Maze, Riddles, Dungeon, Creepy, Red.
Contents

Treasure Rush (Map)

Reviews
17:35, 25th Jun 2015 Shadow Fury: Map approved with a rating of 4/5. Great job Sclammerz!
  1. 17:35, 25th Jun 2015
    Shadow Fury: Map approved with a rating of 4/5. Great job Sclammerz!

2. Review Treasure Rush v.Release
    Aesthetics and Visuals
    The terrain was .. red.
    Overall the map felt very dungeon like and the environment was well designed, tho often a bit fading due to the major use of red colours.

You greatly extended the default Blizzard style, Sclammerz, and you showed a well use of doodads.

One could mention that the terrain looks overall the same, beside little variations like library areas and torture edges, maybe you could add some more unique areas to give it a stronger feeling of an unsealed mystical dungeon.

I3lackdeath's Alice UI contributes to the atmosphere.

Gameplay
    I played as Anaya Swiftwind ( Agility Hero) and I liked her combo. While she is able to heal herself quickly she also has some good damage abilities.
    You greatly created some nice abilities for her that match each other.

The gameplay felt overall interesting. I played up to
    the first boss
    and I liked the gameplay with the ranger.
    I was excited for the gameplay as you tell the player that he has to observe and not just rush in. I think it was not that high executed as it might sounded.

While the ideas with the traps and the little tasks one has to achieve to advance were simple and enjoyable, I think the map shows many promising spots for treasures and secrets, but in real there aren't some, are they ? ( or I did not find them)

Sclammerz, I think you could greatly add more features like secrets or hidden treasures.
    Nonetheless, the map is enjoyable and I am sure I am going to play it again to try to beat the pirates next time.

I vote for Approval

3. Sclammerz

Sclammerz

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, its all red. "Red, red everywhere theme"

Yeah, locking the camera was suppose to avoid spoilers but I also think to add that you could watch the pirates too, maybe I could.

There is but....I don't want to spoil anything. :p

Thank you. :)

4. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    TERRAIN

The terrain was generally well done. The tile variation was manipulated very efficiently since all the tiles have been utilized accurately and properly. The *red* atmosphere was astonishing because it really gave the feeling of a creepy dungeon hiding a great treasure. The doodads were also used in a marvellous way in many areas yet in the mazes especially there were empty places. Some gloomy doodads like remains scorched and bloody effects would be nice. Leaving any part of your map undecorated is never a good idea. The whole terrain almost looking the same way is actually a great feature because it causes confusion to players and may lead them to the wrong paths (these are the purposes of a maze/dungeon after all). Overall there isn't a lot to say about the terrain except that it's awesome!

GAMEPLAY

The game is really entertaining and requires a smart mind to get through the dungeon. Things like riddles, secrets and crafty mechanisms contribute to a funnier gameplay. Even the three heroes were enjoyable to play with each one having his/her own strategy and way to play. In addition, each one has a set of fabulous spells, not lame and copy-pasted skills, which is a magnificent feature. There could be something negative about a specific hero, the mage. When I reached the bats, if I was not lucky enough to find the right bat, I could've spent hours with them. The ability Pyroblast helped but its costy + at level 1 it doesn't kill a bat in one shot. Additionally, once I killed all the creeps in there, I couldn't even steal mana. I'd suggest letting the bats die from one hit only to speed up things (you are supposed to waste time there, I know, but it can get really boring shooting bats for so long). The boss fight was quite good but still there was nothing really innovative or original. The common "I cast skills and you cast skills back". Maybe adding some phases in which dummies cast damaging spells (which can be dodged) on me while the boss is invulnerable rather than just focusing on attacking could be really great. Runes spawned oftenly... too oftenly... I just lost one life and I found loads of runes awaiting me. The boss even consumed all his mana then, making it very easy to kill him eventually. I'd suggest giving him more mana or increasing the spawning time.

OTHER ISSUES

Apart from the multiple tooltip mistakes (mostly grammar mistakes), I'd like to list some awkward issues I noticed. One of them is when I kill the boss (the big voidwalker). I don't know why but a *Firelord* says "Impossible". Hang on, what's a Firelord doing in this? It was also ridiculous that the mage could steal mana from the Riddle Master. You should remove the mana from her or, even better, prevent the ability "Absorb Mana" from being cast on invulnerable targets. Lastly and most important, the traps. They seem quite buggy you know? Occasionally I passed on Spike Traps and got no damage. Fire Traps did the same thing sadly. If you used a "Periodic" event where every X seconds, the damage is triggered, then errors can occur. I'd recommend letting the traps activate at once and damage everyone above them very heavily (makes things harder and more exciting) then immediately deactivate. After a little pause, they activate again and damage. This is 100% bugless and 100% functional. Oh the Spike Traps are attackable and that's annoying. Make them invulnerable.

OVERALL RESULT

To sum it up, the map is fantastic and high in quality. I am glad to give this 4/5 and APPROVE the map!

5. Sclammerz

Sclammerz

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you very much for the approval. Yeah, the spikes are kinda bugged and can be attack. I always steal mana from the Riddle mistress when needed. Hehe. It seems I forgot to change the Void Lord's name. I could add those you mentioned, if ever I update it. :)

6. raisen

raisen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I love this this is great the UI is fit on your game and its look like interesting i Rate it 5/5

7. The first spikes are very mean, they seem to have a shorter time interval than the two others ? Even with Haste of Swiftrunner one has to catch the exact moment.

Do I have to add spoiler tags to this kind of information ? I mean, it is in some kind a spoiler.

8. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Oh so this wasn't only my impression because I also felt that the first spikes were faster than the others.

9. Sclammerz

Sclammerz

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, they're fast since they only deal damage (a lot) lol.

Tip: Even with haste you can't be save from those spikes but instead you should find the safe spots there and wait for the spikes disappear again. Apply also to the fire traps.
    I don't why I am using spoiler tags

10. jonbon29

jonbon29

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just played you're map and I must say the terrain is so red, it looks like hell rather than a dungeon. Too much red hurts my eye, but that was just me. The traps really makes the dungeon unique and gives players the dungeon feeling, the sound was a nice addition to the map too. The hero skills are quite unique and heroes have different playstyle.

11. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Too much fog..

Edit: Review soon.

12. Sclammerz

Sclammerz

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map Updated, check the changelog. I didn't manage to lighten down the fog greatly but meh it looks cool that way anyway. (lol).

Edit: Also I didn't fix the buggy traps, since this is only a fast update. But I will soon. :)

13. gamingwithjen

gamingwithjen

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good!! work, 5/5

14. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Would try this one, good job! Congratz Sclammerz

15. jonbon29

jonbon29

Resources:
    Resources:
    Untitled.jpg

I can't pass this area, it seems that doodad column pathing is blocking the way.

16. Sclammerz

Sclammerz

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ooh, bummer! gonna fix it and you're on the wrong path anyway. lol

Edit: What do you guys think about the observation system?

17. Fang

Fang

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hard work, pays off. Congratz on this and your badge! :)

18. antonio.piczon321

antonio.piczon321

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow really great map! :thumbs_up: LETS GO TREASURE HUNTING!!!:pir:

19. EternaLife

EternaLife

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Change the cam lock please.

I refuse to play ANY map with camlock.

This is not the way Warcraft 3 is supposed to be played.

Or at least add the OPTION to turn off cam lock.