• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Treasure Keep

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
-The Prodigy Presents-

Treasure Keep
Created by The Prodigy

Map Info:

Two kingdoms reside in a barren land with depleting resources. Their last hope is the island located between their lands but will they risk leaving their kingdom undefended for the sake of those resources?

Features:

In this map, you staring location will have depleted resources. It would be up to you if you just attack your enemy while they try and take the resource rich island or take that island yourself. Two goblin laboratory is available. One for each player to enable traveling to the island.

Melee Map contains:
  • 2 Main Goldmines (7,000 Gold)
  • 2 Expansion Goldmines (25,000 Gold)
  • 4 Green Creep Camps
  • 8 Orange Creep Camp (Including the ones at the starting area)
  • 1 Fountain of Health
  • 2 Goblin Laboratories

Some else stuff about map:

Not Much

Screenshots:

230741-albums6583-picture71522.jpg
230741-albums6583-picture71557.jpg

Change Log:

Version 1.0 (July 8, 2013)

• Uploaded to hive
Version 1.1 (July 9, 2013)

• Lowered cliff height of the expansion island.
  • Expanded the expansion island a bit.
  • Added a drop for every creep camp in the map.

Credits:

Just Me

Author's notes:

Map is not protected as it is a melee map. Have fun. Comments and criticism very welcome.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Treasure, Keep, The, Prodigy, The Prodigy, Epic, Feud, Resources, Depleted, Scarce, Melee, Two, Two Player, Two Players, Awesome, Fun, First, Map,
Contents

Treasure Keep (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 09-Jul-13 (22:15:33) Critical Errors: -> Your Map has low quality terrain. Useful Links: -> The Important Site Rules. -> You can use Map Development Section for testing and...

M

Moderator: -Kobas-
Date: 09-Jul-13 (22:15:33)

Critical Errors:
-> Your Map has low quality terrain.
Useful Links:
-> The Important Site Rules.
-> You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your maps.
-> Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section
-> The Important Site Tutorials.
-> If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource Moderation.
Personal Comment:
-> Playable map size is small.
Expansion has 2 gold mines placed next to each other.
Expansion gold mines have 25.000 gold.

Map Status: Rejected

(1/5) Unacceptable

Level 30
Treasure Keep

Introduction

Do I smell a pending map?! BTW, here is my review for your melee map, the Treasure Keep.

Unexpected tab 1

[tab][tabheader]Good Points:[/tabheader]
  • Terrain looks good and warcraft-ish. But I do think it will be a lot better if you avoid usng Blizzard Cliffs because they look ugly when used improperly instead practice making cliffs through Riased Grounds and adding Blockers.
  • Map has required resources
  • Creeps were balanced
  • Player Positoning looks good
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Bad Points:[/tabheader]
  • You have two gold mines at top and yet there are not much space to build there. I suggest remove the Rocks there for more spaces to build.
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Suggestions:[/tabheader]
  • Terrain Improvements. Just minor nd do try practicing doing Raised Grounds as cliffs with Blockers.
  • Remove unnecessary doodads at top, makes the gold mine there quite useless due to lack of space there to build.
[/tab]

Comment

SO far, it looks good with a good terrain though Lack of spaces to build at the top most part with 2 gold mines.

Ratings: 3/5
Reward: +4 REP

Level 8
i see you did some sort of booty bay with another tile the barrens :), but the problem is that booty bay is a lot bigger to be confortable, i think it is 192x64
-the water bites a lot of game play, i sugest less water so you can have more space,

Not really a booty bay based map and I didn't make this for long games so I think this is fine for a two player map.

- the space is the real problem, and that center part with the two gold mines and the market, the doodad is really uncofortable, and is a nice death trap you dont have a nice landing there.

Yeah, that looked fairly big in the editor. I think it's because I usually zoom out to see more of what I'm making. I'll update that ASAP.

-some creeps doesnt loot nothing.

I don't think every creep needs to drop some loot, especially creeps from green camps.

Thank you very much for the awesome review. I'll try and change that part when I can.

Reminds me of a HOMM map. kewl.

EDIT: I do agree with both guys above me. Too tight at the treasure isle.

Heroes of might and magic? Yeah I got the idea partly from that game.

Level 20
But I do think it will be a lot better if you avoid usng Blizzard Cliffs because they look ugly when used improperly instead practice making cliffs through Riased Grounds and adding Blockers.

Why do you guys seriously hate Blizzard cliffs, there's nothing wrong with them. Raising the ground as Orcnet said will have some kind of a bug.

"I like the idea of the terrain of new cliffs, and trees, but the problem with height ground is that it has no strategic proportions anymore, since Blizzard made an idea that cliffs can bring neutral support to those who are on top of it and increase range/sight while the opposing one has no sight and a chance to miss."

Review of Treasure Keep
By Legal_Ease
Comments
Nice terrain and interesting game strategy alters standard melee warfare theory with sense of urgency. Great concept and well thought out setting.

The Pros
-Terrain looks nice.
-Good balance.
-Concept is a nice variation from standard melee without actually changing any abilities or actions.

Suggested Improvements
-Sharp terrain (not a huge problem)
-Blizzard cliffs (again, its ok but could be better)
-Limited space (as noted by other reviews)

Overall Rating
3/5, and +rep for your work. This map offers a new aspect of play which makes for an interesting twist. Though it could be drastically improved, I see no reason to reject it as is.

Side note, other comments and reviews are thoughtful and you should be glad people are showing interest. If criticism seems harsh its only because people want to see improvement. I agree with everything said above and you should give it consideration. Of course you are free to disagree but everyone has made valid points which will improve your map making over time. The first thing I thought when I saw this map was ... nice ... a barrens booty bay. Also, its a personal preference thing, but I think on a small map, yes every creep camp should drop an item.

Level 8
Updated a little, changelog in the map description. The screenshot does not look like it was updated though.

Side note, other comments and reviews are thoughtful and you should be glad people are showing interest. If criticism seems harsh its only because people want to see improvement. I agree with everything said above and you should give it consideration. Of course you are free to disagree but everyone has made valid points which will improve your map making over time.

I don't know why exactly this was necessary or why you wrote this but I think I may have been a little "aggressive" or may have sound rude in my last comment so I'm sorry for that. And Yeah, I agree with most of what you said. I think I just sound ungrateful in my comments because of something.

Updated a little, changelog in the map description. The screenshot does not look like it was updated though.

I don't know why exactly this was necessary or why you wrote this but I think I may have been a little "aggressive" or may have sound rude in my last comment so I'm sorry for that. And Yeah, I agree with most of what you said. I think I just sound ungrateful in my comments because of something.

Ya, I don't know why I wrote it either. I'm just overly concerned that people will be offended by criticism. I know I was when I first started submitting resources. I should let people figure it out on their own, your comments weren't really bad at all. I'm guilty of much worse. :)

Updated rating: 4/5. After changes it looks much better!