• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Translating Campaign maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys,

I'm translating Reforged version with my friend to the Czech language. We had offical translation until patch 1.28. Everything works fine now but we have got some problem. We need to translate loading screens, subtitles and quests on campaign maps. Campaign maps have strings so I extracted them in older versions a copied them to the newer maps (Reforged) in World Editor. When I tested the map everything work great it's all translated. But we can only play it like that or load it as a custom game. When we load it through the campaign it's all in English again. We had the same problem in version 1.29, but we created folder called Campaign in game folder and copied all translated maps there. It worked. Maps were load trough campaign and they were in Czech language. But we don't know what to do now. Czech voices are working great. We created folder called Sound (in game directory) with Dialogue folder and game loads them. We just needed edit registry so the game won't repair those files. Does anybody here have some experiences with this maps? Without that we won't be able to finish our translations.
Thanks ind advance. :)

Lord Mazour

P.S. You can see examples in the pictures.

Attachments

• In game - Classic.png
    In game - Classic.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 245
  • Loading.png
    Loading.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,401
Level 6
I'm afraid you have to find an old version of Warcraft III to translate what you loved. Wc3:R has "killed" custom campaigns,at least for now.

Level 2
I know. But in older version I figured out how to load those map trough the campaign and not through custom maps. I that's our problem. We don't know how to do that in the newest version. But it must be some way. Replaced sounds are working.

Level 6
in older version I figured out how to load those map trough the campaign and not through custom maps
Custom campaign (*.w3n) is a combination of mutiple custom maps (*.w3x),which could always be extracted to test through custom games chapter by chapter.

Generally speaking,we translators do not have to extract w3n file because F7(custom campaign editor) is convenient enough to translate units,items,spells...as well as wts file exported from each chapter(which could be opened and edited by NotePad of Win10/8/7).

Like many players have said,you'd better translate campaigns in old version of Wc3.Reforged has destroyed almost everything including campaign editor,which still exists though.

Level 2
Custom campaign (*.w3n) is a combination of mutiple custom maps (*.w3x),which could always be extracted to test through custom games chapter by chapter.

Generally speaking,we translators do not have to extract w3n file because F7(custom campaign editor) is convenient enough to translate units,items,spells...as well as wts file exported from each chapter(which could be opened and edited by NotePad of Win10/8/7).

Like many players have said,you'd better translate campaigns in old version of Wc3.Reforged has destroyed almost everything including campaign editor,which still exists though.
Thanks for the answer. But I would like to translate campaign maps in Reforged. Is it possible?

Level 6
I would like to translate campaign maps in Reforged. Is it possible?
Of course it's possible,but we don't know what will happen when we SAVE our translated version in Reforged WorldEditor.Due to the current mess of Blizzard,maybe custom campaigns would be broken further more in the next patch.

My suggestion is pre-translating some wts files(dialogues).Thus,no matter which wc3 version is suitable for custom campaigns,you only need to do some copy&paste work.

Status
Not open for further replies.