• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Trailer for "The Consuming Shadows"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Not to bring you down, but to actually release a trailer with gameplay, there should be kinda, some gameplay to show ;)

in fact a made already some early gameplay previews, but they got some kind of totally ignored.
Now i wanted to make a trailer that catches some attention^^

here is the gameplay preview. the camera got highly improved since this vid, and the graphic got changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a9oufakuro

Level 30
The trailer is really good, catchy music btw!

So on to topic, through that trailer, well, I noticed the gameplay firstly the terrain:

The terrain itself looks bad if you ask me. Let me give you some piece of advice so you can improve that... firstly, I noticed that in some terrain previews in your trailer, you used one kind of tile for a forest, for a lava area. I suggest mixing them with some more tile as it will grant realistic factor to your terrain. Also, to add it is empty, you could add some doodads and destructibles that fits each area. Fill the area with possible and fitting doodads as much as possible but dont spam them too much for they will make a bad result though.

Second, the gameplay. It is really good to see a real time strategy mixed with an RPG aspect. Just to suggest make sure it has a catchy story if incase this will have a story. Also this replayability value so players will continue to play your map no matter how it gets old. Lets take DotA as an example.... =)

Overall, you have a good project here. Hoping to see more and just another piece of advice: make your thread beautiful by adding some BB Codes. Mostly you will find use on Hidden tags. Again, good luck on this one!:thumbs_up:

+3 REP

Status
Not open for further replies.