• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Toy Soldiers v1.56

Features:
- shooter map, in conclussion it's mix of various FPS games given into WarCraft3
- great for LAN party
- fast-paced action
- 5v5 gameplay
- Bomb/Defuse mode and Zombie mode
- realtime, round-based gameplay
- takes just few moments to learn how to play (if you ever played ET it will be piece of cake for you)
- 7 unique classes to choose from, even if it's very similar to play with every class, everyone has got another pros/cons
- more types of ammunition, not just one per weapon
- hiding in trees and bushes, giving it realistic touch
- 4 types of grenades, airstrike, artillery barrage
- unique 3D positional sound, also walking sounds (like in Counter-Strike)
- still in development so things may change (any suggestions you give I take in consideration)

You thought maybe that the name of map doesn't have any connection with gameplay itself except the word soldiers. well yeah, the game is not toys, I made it more or less realistic. I took it more poetic. ;)
Even the map is not as colorful as the map preview picture. The game is a lot of dark green while picture is light, flashy, etc. It's done on purpose.

Also: map is unprotected.

Follow thread at forums // old screenshots

112190-albums2625-picture21523.jpg

112190-albums2625-picture21524.jpg

112190-albums2625-picture21525.jpg

112190-albums2625-picture21526.jpg

112190-albums2625-picture21527.jpg

112190-albums2625-picture21528.jpg

112190-albums2625-picture21529.jpg

-- 1.55-1.56
- Added new map Thousand Canes
- Bunch of changes I don't remember

-- 1.54-1.55
- Added very simple AI (will be better with ongoing versions)
- Added new command for host -mode , to change actual map/mode
- Added new command for host -ai , to enable/disable cpu taking over leavers (default: enabled)
- fixed stacking system, now item stacks even with full inventory (if item is bought)
- Increased hp of zombies; Main zombie 3000 -> 4000 / Infected 1500 -> 2000
- Increased hp of Minion Lair; 300 -> 500
- Barricades get destroyed on every new round (in Zombie mode)
- changed item name; Antipsychotics -> Neuroleptics
- Added Team Deathmatch mode to Inferno
- all ammunition is now cheaper; Bullets 20g, Shells and Sniper Rounds 30g, Stun 90g
- fixed bug when unit had LSD before changing to zombie
- fixed many other bugs with zombies
- fixed issues with selection

-- 1.53-1.54
- New mode - Zombie
- tweaked grenades physic
- improved graphics a bit
- added sound for airstrike's bomb whistle
- fixed portrait bug
- Sticky bomb's clusters do more damage now
- bigger collision size for Riot Shield (better protection)
- Bomb don't have hp regen now but hp increased from 50 to 60
- technical fixes

-- 1.52-1.53
- Medic can heal himself but it's only 50% effective
- New item - Riot Shield
- New item - Goggles
- Text-tags seem to be fixed more or less
- a lot of other technical fixes

-- 1.50-1.51
- tweaked Bear Trap to be weaker (cd, no dmg,...)
- Stalker's cloak uses less mana
- cloaked Stalker is now less visible a bit
- changed some things about LSD Grenade
- fixed -rr command
- fixed -kick command (for host: type just -kick to display player list
for player's ID, then type -kick # , where # is player's ID from 1 to 9)
- fixed bug with conditions of winning for blue team
- fixed bug with leaving when picking class
- cover aura does more translucency by 10%
- fixed Stalker's minimap icon when cloaked
- smoke from Smoke Grenade does less damage
- Sniper's ammo now come in pack of 8 instead of 6
- Sniper's attack cooldown has been reduced to 4 from 6
- fixed camera issues in replay
- Recon has new ability - Painkiller (increases temporary his hp)
- Morphine now gives 2.5 sec invulnerability to ressurected unit
- Turrets have more intelligent shooting pattern now

-- 1.42-1.50
- improved INFERNO terrain
- new class - Stalker (Infiltrative role, comes with Bear Trap,
Cloak and well known Smoke Grenade)
- upgraded code a bit
- smoke from Smoke Grenade now actually blocks vision and does little damage in it's area
- a lot of minor stuff changed

-- v1.20
- decreased cost of Stimpack from 90 to 65
- reworked Operator, now he has Artillery Barrage instead Smoke Grenade and Sentinel instead Support Aura
- created *beep* sound when you hit somebody in fog of war (the most usable for Sniper and MG classes)
- minor changes

-- v1.19
- increased Mortar's cooldown from 7 to 14 seconds
- increased Sentry Turret's hp from 400 to 600
- increased Barricade's armor from 0 to 20
- decreased cost of Stimpack from 100 to 90
- tweaked Medic's gun (shots faster and smaller spread now)
- decreased hp drain on revive from -5 hp to -3 hp per second
- decreased duration of Medikit from 25 to 20 seconds'
- added Destroy ability to Barricades

-- v1.18
- created system for changing maps
- reworked Satellite, now it is less laggy and more comprendious
- reduced self-fucks with Mortar
- Mortar is now a bit weaker
- trees can be destroyed now
- fixed old grenade bug (disappearing)
- terrain less messy
- added an item - Stimpack
- two shops instead of one now
- Smoke/LSD grenades now use the same grenade item as explosive ones (more limited)
- increased max of grenades from 5 to 6
- a lot of other tweaks I don't remember

-- v1.17
- a lot of small changes have been done
- added an ability for Machinegunner - Mortar
- automatically finds and uses new ammo from your inventory when the currently selected is depleted
- Scout renamed to Recon
- teamcolored nametags
- added an item - Barricade/450hp
- changed C4 Detonator from item to ability + it has got an new icon (easier to control)
- added towers to terrain
- new messages for kills that anyone can see
- minor changes on terrain

-- v1.16
- increased duration of Rune of Heal from 5 to 10 seconds (it's healing slower now)
- team with lesser players now get more gold on end of round
- increased cost of Sentry Turrets to 85 from 70
- changed damage of Sniper Rifle, now it takes 80% of max hp to unarmored and 40% of max hp to kevlar armoured targets
- Sentry Turrets get removed on end of round now
- tweaked Rune of Heal
- fixed swap command
- fixed detector of allied players

-- v1.15
- changed UI
- changed hotkeys
- added muzzleflashes
- added glow on grenades
- machingegun is now faster shooting
- effects of LSD are now shorter, 30->20
- changed color of LSD Grenade from white to yellow
- every player can be revived only once now
- fixed bugs with game camera

-- v1.14
- increased Machinegunner's hp up from 505 to 600
- Machinegunner have now same movement speed as Sniper
- nametag now comes with class name
- players spawn with temporary invulnerability (10 seconds)
- minor changes on terrain
- minor changes on tooltips

-- v1.13
- added class: Machinegunner/505hp
- added an ability for Sniper - Scope Mode
- added an item - Sentry Turret
- decreased Operator's cost from 140 down to 120
- Sniper now wears a bush (better cover)
- added new sound for Knife
- fixed minimap bug with Operator

-- v1.12
- added unique detector of position of allied players
- added class: Operator/450hp
- added abilities for Operator - Support Aura, Airstrike
- now you explode when you carry Explosive Barrels and die
- some locations (like bushes etc.) gives you partialy invisibility when you don't move
- added an item - Satellite Screen
- better preload
- improved tooltips

-- v1.11
- increased Scout's movement speed from 460 to 490
- increased Scout's hp up from 500 to 525
- increased AOE of LSD Grenade from 400 to 600
- changed cooldown of LSD Grenade to 10
- minor changes

-- v1.10
- new model for AP bullets and Stun shells
- increased cost of Stun shells to 80 from 60
- morphine now do not use mana if no usable corpse is near

-- v1.09
- improved tooltips for all explosives
- HP of classes are now: Marines and Scouts/500hp , Snipers/425hp, Medics/400hp
- fixed minimap bug
- minor changes

-- v1.08
- added an ability for Scout - Binoculars
- added an ability for Medic - LSD Grenade
- improved tooltips for all ammunition
- fixed morphine bug (hopefully)
- increased bullets damage a bit

-- v1.07
- fixed crash when purchasing grenades

-- v1.06
- balanced vision of every class now

-- v1.05
- grenades can be purchased now
- minor changes

-- v1.04
- minor changes

-- v1.03
- every weapon has its own ammo now
- added classes: marine, medic, scout, sniper
- added 5v5 gameplay
- grenades are limited now (max 5)
- fixed camera
- fixed leaving players bug

Keywords:
Toy Soldiers, Toysoldiers, Toy, Soldier, Shooter, Physics, Grenade, Action, Hide, Projectile, Bomb, Counter Strike, CS, TS, TF, Stalker, Operator, Mar
Contents

Toy Soldiers v1.56 (Map)

Reviews
03:51, 2nd Oct 2008 VGsatomi: Another elaborate, high quality tactical map by snaky. teamwork is essential and each class played very unique roles. Interaction with the terrain and variety of weapons, abilities and items in a modern tactical combat...
Level 11
ok there it is:

Code:
1.50-1.51
- tweaked Bear Trap to be weaker (cd, no dmg,...)
- Stalker's cloak uses less mana
- cloaked Stalker is now less visible a bit
- changed some things about LSD Grenade
- fixed -rr command
- fixed -kick command (for host: type just -kick to display player list
for player's ID, then type -kick # , where # is player's ID from 1 to 9)
- fixed bug with conditions of winning for blue team
- fixed bug with leaving when picking class
- cover aura does more translucency by 10%
- fixed Stalker's minimap icon when cloaked
- smoke from Smoke Grenade does less damage
- Sniper's ammo now come in pack of 8 instead of 6
- Sniper's attack cooldown has been reduced to 4 from 6
- fixed camera issues in replay
- Recon has new ability - Painkiller (increases temporary his hp)
- Morphine now gives 2.5 sec invulnerability to ressurected unit
- Turrets have more intelligent shooting pattern now

1.42-1.50
- improved INFERNO terrain
- new class - Stalker (Infiltrative role, comes with Bear Trap, 
Cloak and well known Smoke Grenade)
- upgraded code a bit
- smoke from Smoke Grenade now actually blocks vision and does little damage in it's area
- a lot of minor stuff changed

these are actual changes for upcoming 1.51, will release it as soon as it's tested well

Last edited:
Level 13
Technically, this map is the top of its class.

However, this comes at a price; you spent so much time on the engine but the gameplay aspects seem to be less developed. For instance: the map design is pretty well laid-out, but it has some faults with the doodad/obstacle placement. Beyond that, it's mainly just a general feeling that there is not enough variety. Sometimes realism must be sacrificed to make a better game. You should have more ammo types, more versatile items, and make the classes more easily differentiable (they all look largely the same and act the same in the basic sense, in that all of them essentially have the point-and-shoot mechanic with nearly identical bullet speed - the abilities are not enough to create a sense of uniqueness).

There is one especially broken thing: medics. Even when completely alone, a medic is the single most dangerous class in the game because of his hax-level healing and rush capabilities. A stim + heal, then a rush to a hotspot followed by a sentry placement results in a very tough-to-beat situation. The medic can basically rush into combat with great speed, destroy the target(s) with the sentry, shotgun, and spammed knife, and heal at every opportunity. The healing is the crux of the problem; once I managed to, in a 2v1 scenario (the 1 was a medic and the 2 were nonmedics), bring the enemy down to 75 hit points. By the time (7 seconds later) my team mate got to him after I died, the hit points were already at 400. He brought the hitpoints down to 50 before both were driven back by grenades. Eight seconds later, they found each other again, and the medic was back to hull health already. My team mate brought the medic to 200 hit points before he died. The medic took more damage than my whole team combined and survived because of the near-instant regeneration speed.

Level 11
I just awoke..:D

I noticed that too (about medics). There are two ways yet I have to decide which one should I use: _1._ Medic cannot heal himself (but other medic could heal him...) OR _2._ When Medic use Medikit on Medic class (himself+other medics) the healing would be somehow worse (less HP,less duration...anything). What you think?

Also I am like a half of year experiencing the Texttags (hp and name over players - sometimes don't appear) still bug, and seems I cannot fix it. :(

Anyways, made some new stuff for new version. Sniper have new ability now - Sticky Bomb, its very tricky 'grenade'. Hard to explain how it works, but it have many purposes (can be stick on tree like trap, when enemy comes near the sticky bomb attach to him...or you can stick it on urself and then run to enemies - if you're lucky it will stick on them). When sticky bomb explodes (does very little explosive dmg) it shoots 20 shrapnels in the circle (even hurting your team so beware).
Second thing is the Riot Shield. Imagine Tactical shield from CS1.6 ... I have to tweak it a bit yet to be more practicable. It acts like obstacle moving in front of you. In my mind i'd like it to be usable in something like Tank tactic. One of your team (with shield) stands in some area to keep your allies out of firefights. However Sniper, MG and Turret can penetrate it (like they can penetrate other obstacles too). But explosions seem to destroy shields very quickly :D

Also perhaps I forgot to say it, but there will be new terrain since the oldest one (jungle?) cannot be played anymore. It will be rather small for 2v2 or 3v3. Inferno seems to be the best at 4v4 (5v5 is truly more grenade-work than firefight it should be - and I don't like it that much).

WIP Scheme:
rough.jpg

(my friend Rednek drew this)
I have to decide how environment will look like - snow? or more city-like? :D don't know yet...:cidea:

Level 3
best shooting game i ever played, and yet again im waiting for the new updates, i'll be keeping track 5/5

tho i suggest, that medics cannot heal themselves since truly that medics are really dangerous only thing i was do about the medics was become a recon use stim pack then pain killers then shotgun knife em to death, but medics still have more of an advantage if they hit and run then heal

Level 11
selfhealing was removed but i didn't liked it much so
in the 1.52 (new version that i work on) medics can heal themselves now, but it's by 50% less effective than when they heal allies.

texttag bugs are also more or less fixed
there are also some new items so just wait for the fun :p

and now sentries can't target cloaked stalkers :)

Level 3
downloaded .52 :) thanks for updates, plz make more updates and more items to be used, and if possible nerf those sentries more :p spam sentries are just way too hard :(

Level 3
Tested zombie mod and its great! All is balanced good and very fun gameplay:grin: i have waiting for this mode :D. Waiting for new maps

Level 5
A few suggestions:

Add a small chance (5% as normal infected 10% as original infected) when clawing to give them the zombie virus which is a damage over time that can be rid of with pills or something :D (Maybe... idk if it will be too imbalanced make the damage over time deal less damage maybe)

Give the host a command to swap players to other teams like -switch 2 blue or -switch 2 2 ( player 2 to team 2 ) to put player 2 on the red team since sometimes ppl leave and this will make it fairer.

Give a command to change the mode anytime in the game so you can switch between bomb defusal or zombie mod that would be very nice as well I suggest the host says -menu/-mode/-changemode and the mode selection menu pops up again.

Destroy barricades whenever the round changes..... please.. I hate it when the enemy spams explosive barrels in your spawn one round which the barrels stay so they can kill you like that.

Add prone for all marines to hide in bushes/etc better.

Also stop by Clan NwS (Noobs with Skillz) on Azeroth to join a Clan that plays Toy Soldiers competitively!

Last edited:
Level 3
awesome updates snaky, tho i recommend that you should add triggers for the inventory, sample inventory has 6 items, but you can still stack more items but it would say inventory is full, you should try adding a trigger that would allow you to stack items even if you have 6 items in your inventory.. that would certainly help players alot :)

im a great fan of toy soldiers i always keep track of the updates :p

Level 24
Played alot of games today, figured some issues about the game:
Turrets were too strong (Reduce from 600 to 500/400 hp).
-Add an "-Ai" command so you can choose wether to turn on bots or not.
-Bear traps should be removed after the round is over.
-Team 2 should have a +180 angle faced camera, because without its hard to throw anything at the high cliff which is a big issue in DM (leading to lots of camping).
-Set turret casting range to 90, so you cant place them on cliffs above. Its very abuseable in every mode except zombie. With 90 casting range you cant cast between cliffs
-Perhaps even reduce the high cliff by 1 tile in hight or width so its easier to bomb. Or make the bushes block vision so people can actually take the backdoor and sneak up upon the enemy.

Other then that i gotta say i really enjoy the game and am looking forward to further versions :)

Level 7
I really mis the original map (battleground, arena, whatever you wanna call it)... Where did it go? o_O
Also, the map has some leaks, I think, because it gets really laggy when you play it for a long time...
And I almost forgot: the sentry skill of the Operator needs a buff... I mean, seriously... 100 mana for such a little bit of vision range? Either reduce the mana cost drastically or incease the sight range drastically... I think reducing mana is better, though... And you have to rename it... Maybe just call it 'Remote Camera'? Now the name collides with Sentry Gun...

P.S. If you remake this in Starcraft 2, I'll declare you holy!

Last edited:
Level 1
Damnnn

This is a great game but it gets boring after a while you play it. You should add ranks in it like call of duty. People would probably ply the game more and why is the name toy soldiers when your not a toy.

Level 5
Put the original map in the next version as well please add it so you can pick it.

Level 8
I've been playing Toy Soldiers for about a year now and I've seen it progress from version to version and I think it's just a great game. What I would just love is for a few minor changes to maximize gaming experience...

Played alot of games today, figured some issues about the game:
Turrets were too strong (Reduce from 600 to 500/400 hp).
-Add an "-Ai" command so you can choose wether to turn on bots or not.
-Bear traps should be removed after the round is over.
-Team 2 should have a +180 angle faced camera, because without its hard to throw anything at the high cliff which is a big issue in DM (leading to lots of camping).
-Set turret casting range to 90, so you cant place them on cliffs above. Its very abuseable in every mode except zombie. With 90 casting range you cant cast between cliffs
-Perhaps even reduce the high cliff by 1 tile in hight or width so its easier to bomb. Or make the bushes block vision so people can actually take the backdoor and sneak up upon the enemy.

Other then that i gotta say i really enjoy the game and am looking forward to further versions :)

All of the above points are really good requests, so I might consider adding these.

Also...
Please please please.... Improve AI because playing with AI kind of rules out the sniper and stalker class, as they can spot you like any other unit. :slp:

I also have another possible idea for a new class
This class would require for the sentry turret to be taken out of the shop
however.
Engineer, special ability; Auto-Turret
Just something to consider :)

Last thing...
I was playing with my brother, and everyone turned into zombies in zombie mode, and we got this huge delay on our units. Is that supposed to be like that?

Level 4
Hi, me and my friends recently played this game really hardcore the past couple days. We've gone from turtle vs turtle to finding out the most OP class. It is the marine. He is cheap so you start off with plenty of gold and you can buy bullets and just spam fire bullets. Fire bullets.. are just stupid. Just landing 2-3 shots is a kill since it makes the target burn insanely afterward (which is hard to counter even with heals).

Also, Red Team has distinct advantages such as: they are closer to the mushroom, can easily take the high ground area gaining vision of the entire middle map, and the fact that the way WC3 is angled, Red Team actually can see a blue soldier before blue sees them, since when you're walking up you see further out since the camera is at a slant (honestly I suggest just taking away the locked camera, it just makes everything more difficult when trying to use wards, C4, etc).

Really, a team of 5 marines can beat anything. :(

Last things, barricades, C4, traps, etc really need to disappear at the end of every round.

But don't get me wrong, this game is truly awesome, me and my friends love it, but our competitive play as discovered these clear advantages/imbalances.

Also note, were playing TDM, but that's usually what everyone wants to play though (with my friends and in pubs), since killing off each other is easier than risking your life to plant the bomb.

I know you haven't been active on this but I just wanted to make sure you are aware of all these things if you go to work on it again. Thanks.

Level 2
Love it x3. i think that the only thing that you need are maybe more escenaries or items..or maybe more skills xD, but you have a great map in your hands :ogre_love:

Level 2
Awesome map!! 5/5

Size is compact! Easy to Download!!! Do not make it bigger anymore!!
I Suggest you compress it more so it would be easier to DL. FUN FUN FUN!!

But if you wish to make it bigger, you should add some vehicles to ride, such as Tank which will be deployed with parachute if you buy its very expensive price. (Can only be bought by Operators)

The tank has tough armor that can only be destroyed by land mines, missiles and heavy machine guns used by machine gunners, it can also pass through blocking boxes.

And here's some Modes in my mind.

Sniper - Players can only use Riflemen. (This way players can show how they're good at sniping)

Zombie Outbreak - Countless zombies will emerge from the land and attacks everyone after the countdown timer, whomever survives becomes the winner. (Players can also become zombie if they are killed by another zombie.)
- The current zombie mode was fun, but I dont get the goal of it.

Level 5
Hey awesome map, I was wondering if you still work on it.

5/5 Sorry I can't give you some feedback, maybe later ^^