• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tower defense storyline ^,^! (Poll)

What did you think of the storyline?

• 4/5 Great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3/5 Alright.

• 2/5 Needs work.

• 1/5 Awfulest peice of $hit ever made!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
The games name is: Artifact of the Gods Defense. I can't find any way around the size of the name...
So, heres an overveiw of the storyline:

A foolish necromancer by the name of Halderbrahd has learned of a chamber, hidden deep in the Tomb of Elders. The chamber of the Old Gods. The chamber is said to have artifacts beyond imagination, it is for that reason Halderbrahd has journeyed there. But Halderbrahd is not alone, he has brought hundreds of the foulest creatures alive. Little does he know, that he will need everyone one of his minions...

Your job: Defend the Chamber of the Old Gods.

Thats the storyline, it would be great if you would rate/comment on it :).

Level 6
A foolish necromancer by the name of Halderbrahd has learned of a chamber, hidden deep in the Tomb of Elders. The chamber of the Old Gods. The chamber is said to have artifacts beyond imaginations, it is for that reason Halderbrahd has journeyed there. But Halderbrahd is not alone, he has brought hundreds of the foulest creatures alive. Little does he know, that he will need everyone one of his minions...

Alright, this seems... at the very least, semi-decent.

Okay, if you want me to rate your language, there is no such word as imaginations, it's just one. ^_^

Okey then... First of all... Who are you? You, the person playing this game. Are you a person tasked to defend the Tomb of Elders by the Old Gods? Etc... You have to think of a role for the player, that makes the game seem more real.

Also... I'm not quite sure how you want this tower defense to work. If it is like the average tower defense with lives, then perhaps you would like to state something about an energy shield protecting the tomb, and that if an enemy charges into it full-force, it will be destroyed. However, the enemy will also implode due to the magical energies of the energy shield. Sound good?

Anyway, that's all I have at this moment. Good luck.

Level 9
Well the tower defense cant be to real, else it wont be any fun. I'm intending to add mini games (thats gunna be a pain to add into the stroyline -,-.)

Hmmm... This seems like an apropriate addition to the stroyline. (Thanks for the comments, i totaly forgot about that stuff >.>)

You are an awakened guardian, after one-thousand years of sleep. The old gods call you to their aid! Defend their artifacts of old! The gods have granted what little help they can, and have shielded the artifacts with a barrier, but it can only hold so much...

^,^ It encorporates lives, and the player.

Mini games will be a little bit harder... hmmm...
I cant really think of anything that would somehow encorporate mini-games into the mix...

Level 10
as far as i know it, skibi td is the only TD with a mini game system. and it is because it is a co-op game. personally, i dont think theres a use for making a 11 player survival map. if you want to play a survival, you could always do it alone.
further more, TDs usually dont need such a long plot. look at the successful skibi td(ok a little advertising). its plot is simply "Help defend skibi's castle." and the monsters try to run into her castle.
dont worry too much about the plot. what matters are the features. mini games are one suggestion. maybe make nice networks for the creeps.
and last but not least. since you feel that the name is long... how about "God's Artifact TD"?

Level 9
Almost every TD is plotless. (I think besides blizzard TD.) And blizzard TD isin't very good because of balance issues. Eh it's not to late to remove a storyline, but its never a bad thing to have one.

Ill just make a short cinimatic that everyone is going to skip :p.

But on the good side of a storyline, you don't need to name things: "Slug" instead add some spice: "Halderbrahd's Slug" :p. Whitch one sounds better?

About the name, God's Artifact TD sounds alot better. But it would still need to be The God's Artifact TD.(Several god's :p.) But that does sound better than Artifact of the Gods Defense :p.

Now seeing as the main antagonist is a necromancer, this is going to be alot of undead units. Maybe some hired hitman, things like that. Then of course, Halderbrahd would be the final boss. But the protaganist (being the player.) has no species/gender/ect so towers can be varied and widespread. But im going to make racial tower-builders just because having one or two single tower builders sucks :p.

Level 10
make a starting race. that always gives some replaying value. (ref. Burbenog TD, Skibi TD, Stackerz TD)

also, names dont really matter. i mean, even I cant remember names of monsters from skibi TD. which is one of my favourite maps.

Level 9
qwerty said:
make a starting race. that always gives some replaying value. (ref. Burbenog TD, Skibi TD, Stackerz TD)

also, names dont really matter. i mean, even I cant remember names of monsters from skibi TD. which is one of my favourite maps.

Skibi td doesnt have a starting rae o_O. Stackerz td either... By racial builder, i mean having several builders of diffrent races. Like orcs, humans, undead, and night elf builders.

As for names, they may not be a nececity, but every bit counts. I mean who wants to play a td called "Shitty @$$ Td" or have units called "Wave 1"?

But names are not nearly as important as: Terrain, gameplay, balance, ect. Besides, i need everything to be perfect if i am to compete with Skibi td :p.

Level 10
Modeler said:
qwerty said:

Skibi td doesnt have a starting rae o_O. Stackerz td either... By racial builder, i mean having several builders of diffrent races. Like orcs, humans, undead, and night elf builders.

As for names, they may not be a nececity, but every bit counts. I mean who wants to play a td called "**** @$$ Td" or have units called "Wave 1"?

But names are not nearly as important as: Terrain, gameplay, balance, ect. Besides, i need everything to be perfect if i am to compete with Skibi td :p.

the units in MTG TD are called Wave #

and when i mean race i mean, military, ranger, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.