• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tools we need but don't have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
There are a couple of tools that would be really cool, but that do not exist as far as I know.

A camera editor: edits a models camera, which is used as the portrait. Of coarse, there is probaby some really easy way to do this useing only Notepad, but I don't know about it if there is.

An event object editor: edits the sounds that play during different animations. This would be a really neat tool. I tried copying event objects from one model to another, but it just messed up the file. A tool to do this would be awsome, but again, there is probably some trick unknown to me that uses Notepad to do this.

An animation editor: edits animations. Is most likely called by the name of Gmax, 3Dsmax, or Milkshape. No, I mean a simple easy to use FREE animation editor. Of coarse, animations made by any but the most skilled 3D editors (who own either Gmax, 3Dsmax, or Milkshape) will be jerky and probably look bad anyway. So I guess that a tool like this won't be very useful then. The animation transfer tool is good enough.

If anyone has any other (and/or better) ideas for new tools, feel free to post.

Level 5
Look! I have an idea for new tool. This is random name generator, I think that it is realy usefull. I know one, but it's old.
I, or my brother will try to create it. If you want I can set a link to the old one. :)

Level 16
Name generator, sound recorder to turn all those sexy MIDI's to sexier MP3s, and one I can think of, a program that instantly applies skins once you select the correct model, thus ending all those stupid questions in the Skins forum.

I think you would be able to tranfer animations IF you use notepad correctly, and CnP strings regarding them, but that might screw up, so I'd use an Oinker if one exists

Level 5
Eusira! Random Name Generator is the program wich is creating random names! First version, wich isn't realy good was creating all types of names. But the second version, wich is under construction, will be ablle to create random name for elfs, humans, orcs, dwarfs, magicians and so on.

Rao Dao Zao! Can you post your program on my email or on this topic? [email protected]
Thanks!

Level 3
I could use a particle emmitter tranfer tool, to tranfer particles from one model to another. Also another feature could be to edit ones already on a model. A nice GUI that shows the textures used and what not.

eiX

eiX

Level 2
i need fadi's importer script or any others can change mdl to max, but no one help me,555

Status
Not open for further replies.