• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Toggled Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello, I've based some abilities off immolation, mana shield, and defend. I was after their togglability (not sure if that's a word xD) but there seems to be a problem.

One unit has defend, mana shield, and immolation.
The problem seems to be that if the unit is using mana shield and immolation is turned off/on it "resets" mana shield and mana shield can be recasted without ever "uncasting" it the first time. It doesn't exactly cause a problem other than you have to click mana shield twice to turn it off. However I'd rather not deal with it if at all possible. Is this a known problem? And if it is...is there another ability that can be toggled that I'm not thinking of ? xD

Thanks for any help!:grin:

Level 20
You could "fake" a toggle ability. when it's used you add another one (with the cancel icon) and remove the first one. The real effect is on based on the "cancel" one. If you use the "cancel", remove it, and add the "real" one.

Level 13
Hm, well I found the problem, sorry for wasting your guys time, in one of my triggers the immolation is removing all the buffs from the unit, and I guess since Mana Shield is a buff it was taking it off thus effectively "turning it off."

Thanks for all your speedy input!
And Spartipilo I'll try that next time I need a toggled ability, thank you!

+rep all

Edit: Have to spread some more before I can give you Doom xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.