• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

To Joel Steudler: Nice Screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
:D The models for these guys are pretty good, but Angry has a bit too modern of a gun for his time, and no offense, but Axey and Choppey look like they're in pajamas. Choppey has green eyes in the model, but blue in the icon, and both of them have eyes that are a bit too small. Axey has a different mustache in the icon than in the screenshot, and the icon coloring of sll three of them is slightly different then the models. Axey's weapons are also a bit too big... but anyways, keep up the good work! :D

One more thing, have you seen evilwart-dragon's Brine model yet? You could probably use that, it's pretty good. And it has a icon. And you don't seem to have Brine yet. And I for one like it. And the only problem is the link is broken... But I told him to fix it. Now just hope he responds!

Level 4
Tiberius_XXVII said:
:D The models for these guys are pretty good, but Angry has a bit too modern of a gun for his time, and no offense, but Axey and Choppey look like they're in pajamas. Choppey has green eyes in the model, but blue in the icon, and both of them have eyes that are a bit too small. Axey has a different mustache in the icon than in the screenshot, and the icon coloring of sll three of them is slightly different then the models. Axey's weapons are also a bit too big... but anyways, keep up the good work! :D

One more thing, have you seen evilwart-dragon's Brine model yet? You could probably use that, it's pretty good. And it has a icon. And you don't seem to have Brine yet. And I for one like it. And the only problem is the link is broken... But I told him to fix it. Now just hope he responds!

We actually do have a Brine model of our own being worked on, we just haven't shown it off yet. All in good time.

As for the crits of the dwarves:

- models in the game react to the lighting of the area they're in and will display slightly different colors on different terrains. Since I can't make the icons react to the in-game lighting, I settled for making the colors match up with the models' skins.

- The rest of your crits are pretty much subjective opinions, other than the eye colors not matching the icons, which I may fix up.

Thanks for your comments though!

Status
Not open for further replies.