• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

To Create Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi,

i wanna create someting in front of target unit.(it can be dota's "Ice Shards" of Tuskarr but mine is quicker.)Enemy heroes cannot go unless he go around.So, can someone tell me what's the unit features and trigger wrongs ?

• Dungeon Monument
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Dungeon Monument-[Q]
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 5 Dungeon Monument for Neutral Passive at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by (Angle from (Position of (Casting unit)) to (Target point of ability being cast)) towards 0.00 degrees) facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
      • Unit - Add a 4.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Level 16
Doodads with pathing blocker property to be exact. Anyhow, you are doing it wrong here. You put the angle in the offset input and the result would be pretty bad.

To create a block, first you need an arrayed doodad var. Create a loop, in the loop create a block with an angle value relating to the integer loop index, cache it to the doodad var with the loop index as array index. Repeat for other blocks

I presume this is non-MUI so you can use wait. When the wait is up, loop again and clear the doodads in the array.

Level 25
Also, you create 5 Dungeon Monuments; however only the 5th unit is last created unit, so only the 5th monument will die after 4 seconds via expiration timer.
If you want to create 5 units and do something with them, you should learn to use the action "Loop (integer) from 1 to x"

Status
Not open for further replies.