• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Tips on how to produce the specific water glitch I want?

Level 13
So in one of my projects, I essentially create a sea of goo that sits above the surrounding terrain instead of obeying gravity.

Warcraft Water Glitch Comparison.jpg

In one map, I got a nice effect going (left), in another, it always ends up producing another glitch that doesn't look nearly as good (right):

The thing is, I don't know how to get which effect, I discovered it by accident and I have a hard time reproducing it. So I am left just playing around hoping I can make it work again, but if someone has a better idea, I am all ears.

(the way I do this is, I raise terrain with Blizzard cliffs, then I put deep water in the center, then I use "round" elevation until I create an inner shore around the deep water, then I erase the Blizzard cliffs.)

Attachments

• Warcraft Water Glitch Comparison.jpg
    Warcraft Water Glitch Comparison.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 11
Level 18
I'm not sure if your screenshot is actually just using the Apply Height tool in deep water or the 'bug' in my screenshots below?
1683153585177.png

raise and lower cliff levels until you get it the way you want, then use a wide brush with water and go over the whole thing
you need water on both cliff levels
idk how to reproduce it 100% besides just raising and lowering cliff level until i :grin:
1683153442068.png

1683153470049.png