• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tip Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am trying to add text under the Tips tab, for people playing my map to read. Can anybody explain how this is done? I am approaching it like editing quest text, but don't see an 'tip' trigger. It would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Level 2
Hmm. Sort of. To the right of the quest tab in game is a tips tab. I understand how to put text in the quest tab, so I assume writing tips for the tip tab would require a similar approach, but can't find a "Tip - Create Tip' trigger, or anything along those lines. Spartipilo, could you elaborate please?

Level 20
No... there's nothing like "Tips" in Warcraft.

REQUIRED quest are shown in the left column.
OPTIONAL quests are shown in the right column.

At the end, it doesn't matter. the Game calls it "Quests" but you can give these slots any use: Updates, Data, Info, Commands, Contact, Cheats, etc. Set them as required or optional just to change the side.

Level 2
How do I edit the text inside those screenshots? I don't see it in triggers, perhaps in the user interface?

Attachments

• Tips.png
    Tips.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • Tips2.png
    Tips2.png
    1 MB · Views: 81
Level 2
Ack! I was worried it'd be something like that. Alright then, I suppose an optional quest titled Tips and Keywords with no objective other than an added description of the conditions for loss and victory will suffice as plan B. Thanks folks.

Level 20
Ooooooooooooooooh... Those Tips... Sorry, as others said, you cant. Btw.. those "Tips" aren't to the right of the "Quest tab" as you said, but "Help" tab. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.