• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Tiny trigger problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey guys, am back, not that any of you know me. But I joined this site YEARS ago, got sick of modding. But, now am back, and I havent done any triggers in a couple of years. So am tad rusty, anyways, here's my problem. Should be quite simple:

My spell: I have a shredder, who has a fan of knives based spell with no missiles. When he clicks it, he will get the Spiked barricades effect around him (The orc building spikes). When they erupt, every1 in a 200 ish AOE gets damage instantly. That works fine, because its just basiclly a non triggered spell so far, the fan of knives deal this damage.

But the second part is my problem, any1 he touches in a 150 AOE, will start to bleed. The bleed is based off unholy frenzy.

• Spiked
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Spiked
    • Actions
      • Set Spiked_unit = (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Spiked buff to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire Spiked_unit
      • Trigger - Turn on Bleed <gen>
  • Bleed
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 150.00 of (Position of Spiked_unit)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) has buff bleed buff thing Bleeding) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy unit for (Owner of Spiked_unit) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Add bleed dummy to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set level of bleed dummy for (Last created unit) to (Level of Spiked for Spiked_unit)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Necromancer - Unholy Frenzy (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
      • Wait 8.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
The bleed trigger is initially off. I know I overcomplicate things, and there are serious leaks here, but as said: Am rusty. Aaaaanyways, the problem: What happens is that the game eventually stops because of fps/lag. I do understand that is because I spawn hundreds of dummy units because of the lame written trigger, but I cant remember the exact way to apply a buff that he comes in contact with (Without the massing of dummy units).

Help?

Just to answer your questions before they arrive:
Yes, The buff the units that are hit is the one listed in the trigger.

Level 11
Here's a small porblem, you need to use a group variable for the unit group that you're going to select like this
  • Spiked
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Spiked
  • Actions
  • Set Spiked_unit = (Triggering unit)
  • Set Spiked_Loc = (Position of (Spiked_unit))
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy unit for (Owner of (Spiked_unit)) at (Spiked_Loc) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Add Spiked buff to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire Spiked_unit
  • Trigger - Turn on Bleed <gen>
This trigger is initially off
  • Bleed
  • Events
  • Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Spiked_Group) and do (Actions)
  • Loop - Actions
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
  • If - Conditions
  • ((Picked unit) has buff bleed buff thing Bleeding) Equal to False
  • Then - Actions
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy unit for (Owner of Spiked_unit) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Add bleed dummy to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Set level of bleed dummy for (Last created unit) to (Level of Spiked for Spiked_unit)
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Necromancer - Unholy Frenzy (Picked unit)
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Spiked_Group)
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Spiked_Loc)
  • Else - Actions
  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
This mby dont work but that's cuz im in school so i cant fix that, i'll do it when i come home :)

Level 6
I know it leaks, but it totally freezes after a few seconds, that happens usually when you fail at something and spawn 9999 dummy units. Does the location really leak THAT much in so few seconds?

Level 9
I know it leaks, but it totally freezes after a few seconds, that happens usually when you fail at something and spawn 9999 dummy units. Does the location really leak THAT much in so few seconds?

Yeah, it does, i faced something like this before :cry:
Buuuut, it's experience and experience is very good for your skills in triggering.:wink:

Good luck

Tiche3:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.