• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Timer resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
A problem, again. Basically I'm making a complex RPG game, with a lot of maps, like Rexxar's, but this one will be much more complex.
I have made an ability, Steal which is nothing more than what it means: steals gold from the citizens. However, I have decided to add "skill experiences" to the game, which means if you steal a lot, your skill will raise and the shance of success will raise as well. However, like IRL, if you don't practice this skill, it will slowly decrease. For this I've made a timer. This is, however, not as simple as it looks like: Every 120 seconds, the skill level will be lowered by 1, while a successful steal increases it by 3, an unsuccessful by 4. The problem is, when my hero does a successful steal again, I want the timer reset. Do I have to set the timer variable to a value or simply start it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.