• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Time Island

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
The original map is https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/time-island.244783/
Description said I am free to do any changes so I did the following:
1 - turned the fixed starting locations off, now it's considered a melee map and not altered
2 - made the middle camp under water and added relief
the rest of the map I think is good except maybe some of the rewards from the camps but I left them as it is
Contents

Time Island (Map)

Reviews
mafe
You may indeed edit the map if the author allowed to do so, which is the case here. However this not mean you may also omit giving credit to the original author himself, as this is still required by the map submission rules...
Remixer
Review - Time Island (Version August 4th 2022) Description: This map does not meet standard melee criteria or quality. Terrain: The terrain is poor and looks very synthetic and not natural at all. Tile variation is insufficient. Layout: The map is...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
You may indeed edit the map if the author allowed to do so, which is the case here.
However this not mean you may also omit giving credit to the original author himself, as this is still required by the map submission rules:
Merely mentioning the original map is not enough. Please update the description accordingly.

Apart from that, this map also suffers from many of the issues which I pointed about your own maps of this bundle:
So I will not repeat them here again. While the bug fixes which you made are good, they only fix a tiny portion of the issues of the map.
For example, while you wrote in the thread of the original map that you like that players need to be careful when building their base, most other wc3 players are likely to see this in the exact opposite way and will be mightily annoyed if they get attacked by creeps while just building their base, as this does not happen normally.

Anyway, map set to Awaiting Update until the the description is updated. Unless major other updates are made, the map still will at best be considered as useful/simple (as was the original version of the map).

Level 12
This is the map with edited description attached. Indeed it's not bad to have 1 map like this in the warcraft 3 folder where camps are in too close danger, it would require complete rework to make it work in normal way because map borders are very small on this one.

Attachments

• Time Island.w3x
    77.1 KB · Views: 4

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Review - Time Island
(Version August 4th 2022)
Description: This map does not meet standard melee criteria or quality.
Terrain: The terrain is poor and looks very synthetic and not natural at all. Tile variation is insufficient.
Layout: The map is very simple and does not support pleasurable melee gameplay - perhaps something like this could be fun to play within a private friend group if improved sufficiently. The map is not mirrored correctly - some players cannot even place buildings without getting attacked by creeps. Strong creep camps are placed awkwardly close to starting locations with no easy creep camps available at all. Pathing is also unpractical with narrow passages only, often heavily guarded by strong creeps.
Creeps: No suitable power level of creeps is offered. The item tables must be named appropriately. I just don't see this map working as a melee.
Gameplay: Not suitable for melee gameplay.

Recommendations:
Scrap the map and do something new. This won't turn into a playable melee map easily - it's easier to start anew.