• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tileset Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hey guys, I'm making a custom tileset for my map hive arena. This one uses the same texture as my rock doodads. I followed everything in this not-so-detailed tutorial and came out with a pretty good result. But it can only be viewed properly in Wc3 viewer, when I import it in the WE, It categorizes the tile as Image/Texture but as I restart the WE, the new tiles is now categorized as Others in the import manager and is not actually working.

Well, this is the first time I've made my own tile so I actually have no idea what I'm doing. I really think the solution is pretty simple and I'm just too blind to see it but just in case, I attached the tile in this post. If someone could tell what's wrong with my tile then that would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Dalaran_WhiteMarble.blp
    152.4 KB · Views: 78
Well , reimport the file and make sure theres no space on the path :)
second , make sure that theres a blp extension after the name of the file
third , you trying to use a non-tiled texture , you will really dislike the result of that tile, you can search in google then add a tag "tiled" when searching (ex. rock tiled texture)

Here are some samples you can use
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cave_DarkRocks.png
    Cave_DarkRocks.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,999
  • Cave_DarkRocks2.png
    Cave_DarkRocks2.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,593
Last edited:
Level 30
Well, Its either you corrupted the tile when you editted it or you accidentally typed a wrong extension. It should be blp. aand write their paths correctly and also try going to the Model Editor >> Register Extensions and see if .blp is enabled. If not enabled it and save again.

Level 23
Well , reimport the file and make sure theres no space on the path :)
second , make sure that theres a blp extension after the name of the file
third , you trying to use a non-tiled texture , you will really dislike the result of that tile, you can search in google then add a tag "tiled" when searching (ex. rock tiled texture)

Here are some samples you can use
<Insert Image here>
<Insert Image here>

Oh, thanks. I'll try again then.

Status
Not open for further replies.