• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW SC2 Usernames

Level 12
mare mare.853 EU
waiting for my comp. to be repaired so dont expect any games from me for some time.

Level 13
I'm kinda lost, because my SC2 didn't ever ask me to give it a username, AND I'm not able to play on battle.net without it... How do I find where to create my user?

Europe or America
there you create account and with that you log in, after that it will give you an option to setup your ingame name...but that option will come only once, so don't screw it up :p

Last edited:
Level 23
Every player as you said is given one free namechange. Here is how you do it:

-Check your registred games and select the sc2 one.
-From what I remember there should be a button to reset your name, once you accepted to do that, start the game and log in.
-It should now be a box asking you to type a new name. Do so and accept, and it should be done.

But yeah, if this is unclear, check the battle net site for info :)

NOTE
From what I heard, people are experiencing issues with namechanges which only changes the name from capital to small letters and so on. It seems that if you do so the game may screw you over disallowing you to log in at all in the future, unless there already is a fix for this. But I would only change my name if it were to be something new, not to just change the letters to be capitalized or not.

Example: If my name is Mexaprone and I changed it to MeXaPrONe or something like that, it would screw up.