• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW Hearthstone Tournament #1 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
135588d1401311990-thw-hearthstone-tournament-2-eu-hearthstone_logo.png

1st Official THW Tournament (EU)

After a back-and-forth series of card clashing, the first tournament has officially concluded!

Player
Class
Main Deck
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Final Standings:

PlayerPointsOMPGWPOGPReputation
1: Razosh944.4485.7146.03+20
2: Purge655.5671.4350.79+10
3: Statharas366.6733.3363.49+5
4: Death Adder066.67063.49
Congratulations to Razosh on winning first place!

Videos:

I recorded a few games from my own perspective (note: I recommend watching at 1.5 or 2x speed):
Round 1: Purge (Saladfork) vs. Death Adder (Prime)
Round 2: Purge (Saladfork) vs. Razosh
Round 3: Purge (Saladfork) vs. Statharas
Afterword:

Interested in joining the next one? Keep an eye on the Hearthstone forum! All members are
permitted. You simply need to get Hearthstone (free download) and have an
account on the European servers. The rules may change from contest to contest,
so there is always room for different outcomes.

Special thanks: Statharas, for hosting the tournament.

Attachments

• Uther.png
    Uther.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 107,710
  • Guldan.png
    Guldan.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 115,385
  • Jaina.png
    Jaina.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 109,910
  • Garrosh.png
    Garrosh.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 112,355
  • DeathAdderDeck.jpg
    DeathAdderDeck.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 114,419
  • PurgeDeck.jpg
    PurgeDeck.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 111,356
  • StatharasDeck.jpg
    StatharasDeck.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 117,409
  • RazoshDeck.jpg
    RazoshDeck.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 112,310
Last edited:
Level 24
What a great tournament it was, I got a bit anxious when Purge won that first game. Cairne Bloodhoof was of course worth his weight in gold against Purge since he had no silences in his deck.

I didn't expect 15 more rep, at first it was said the winner would get 20 rep and now I got 35. :D

Can't wait to see the next tournament.

Level 24
Thank you very much and it's no big deal some mistakes were made but now they're fixed.

as expected :p

Hey hey hey. It was still rather intense. I'll get him next time. :p Anyway, perhaps you can join the next one? Perhaps we'll allow 2-3 decks. You must re-face your rival!

Not to point out an obvious mistake but it actually said 20 or atleast acourding to Statharas who hosted the project. (Unless they changed the reward afterwards.)

Oops. That was an oversight by me. Thanks Ralle for fixing it.

Oh. I was looking at the result page. Apparently they were different. I have fixed your rep award and +rep for the inconvenience :).

Thank you. :)

-----

If you guys have any feedback about the videos, I'd appreciate them. Since there isn't any commentary, I can imagine they aren't as exciting. Perhaps I should speed them up before uploading? Or just show the highlights? Idk. It'll be food for thought for the future tournaments.

Level 24
Hey hey hey. It was still rather intense. I'll get him next time. :p Anyway, perhaps you can join the next one? Perhaps we'll allow 2-3 decks. You must re-face your rival!

Bring it on. :D

If you guys have any feedback about the videos, I'd appreciate them. Since there isn't any commentary, I can imagine they aren't as exciting. Perhaps I should speed them up before uploading? Or just show the highlights? Idk. It'll be food for thought for the future tournaments.

You could speed it up other than that no idea. I will try to make videos with commentary could be fun to try out.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
maybe that was kinda arrogant of me to say that xD

I was kinda hyped about the tournament at first, then the 24 card rule reduced it to 0. On a side note, I would lose big time if I would have joined since I pretty much sold every single card on every class but rogue, warlock and paladin which make my caard choises even more limited than before :p

(sorry if I sound like I am crying about the rules)

Level 24
maybe that was kinda arrogant of me to say that xD

I was kinda hyped about the tournament at first, then the 24 card rule reduced it to 0. On a side note, I would lose big time if I would have joined since I pretty much sold every single card on every class but rogue, warlock and paladin which make my caard choises even more limited than before :p

(sorry if I sound like I am crying about the rules)

It will be fun to see you on the field of honor next. You're all sparks in comparison to the inferno that is me anyhow so what's one more. :D

But my stupid jokes aside I've played against you enough to know you would be a formidable opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.