• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Thunderclap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, I have two thunderclap spells.
When I use one, the other one goes on cool-down.
How do I make them their own independent spells?
Thanks! :goblin_good_job:

Level 4
i'd recommend you to trigger it anyway. if you need help with it, i would help you :)

No no, I have it triggered already,
Trigger wise these are two different spells. Both with the same base, thunder clap.
I can't seem to shake the shared cool downs activation though. :goblin_boom:

Level 4
You can't have two of the same base abilities since they share an order ID.

An easy fix would to base one or both abilities off Channel. Channel is one of the few abilities in the editor that actually has an effect when you change the order ID.

Is there a way to make channel do absolutely nothing, not requiring a target?
I just need a trigger ability, the actual effects of the ability is all done in the trigger editor.

Level 13
Yeah go to Data - Target Type and select Instant (No Target)

Edit: Also (in case you still didn't know) two single target buff spells with the same base spell that is casted on 1 unit will replace the other one.

Level 8
What Killcide said is true; two spells with the same base ability won't stack. It kinda sucks but the only real fix is what Killcide suggested.

Besides, if you've triggered one of the abilities already, then it shouldn't be much of an issue replacing it in your code.

Level 4
You can't have two of the same base abilities since they share an order ID.

An easy fix would to base one or both abilities off Channel. Channel is one of the few abilities in the editor that actually has an effect when you change the order ID.

Thanks aton you guys! Fixed my problem! :goblin_good_job:

Status
Not open for further replies.