• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thrall.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: DaHomieG
A simple reskin I made for Pyraeus.
He told me I should share it with the community so here it is.

Giving credits would be nice but it's not necessary.

Keywords:
thrall, orc, wolf, rider, wolfrider, wolf rider, warchief, horde
Contents

Thrall.blp (Texture)

Reviews
11:57, 6th Feb 2015 Kwaliti: Almost no work has been done here, just a recolor/CnP job.

M

11:57, 6th Feb 2015
Kwaliti:

Almost no work has been done here, just a recolor/CnP job.

Level 13
I am voting for rejection, the quality has drastically been lowered in the process of recoloring. The Original black wolf texture has more quality in conversion.

My suggestion would be to use more better tools and settings for converting .blp to/from .png/.tga/.jpg

Recolors have no chance of being accepted in general.
So, the use of a different tool would have no effect. But I agree to your points anyway.

Level 13
And my suggestion was to properly convert blp images. This texture is good and very useful since in lore, Thrall's wolf is white. But the method to convert and edit it was bad.

Your suggestion to me personally is irrelevant, since I do not draw.

Recolors can be considered useful but it is not an acceptable form of art for Warcraft 3 skins uploaded to the resource section.
And the suggestion wasn't for you imo.

Recolors can be considered useful but it is not an acceptable form of art for Warcraft 3 skins uploaded to the resource section.
And the suggestion wasn't for you imo.

Who decided that it is not acceptable? You? They are acceptable, it is just that the resource section has certain rules. Whether the resource is useful may outright the fact that this is a recolor.

Your point is stupid, you will not and cannot decide what is acceptable "form of art" in the resource section. Only moderator can do that.

Level 13
I do not decide anything. This is my assumption,
because it was never the case over the past years.
In reverse, who are you to decide if it is acceptable?
Yes, you are right. Only moderators can decide if it can be accepted.
But where will you draw the line if you accept one recolor of one user and deny one recolor of another user.
What I could observe over the past years was this simple decision making
which might be the fairest one in my opinion (no cnp / no recolor).
But it does not hinder exceptions like this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...04-blp-121511/?prev=search=ruins&d=list&r=200
if a certain artistic level is achieved.

I do not decide anything. This is my assumption,
because it was never the case over the past years.
In reverse, who are you to decide if it is acceptable?
Yes, you are right. Only moderators can decide if it can be accepted.
But where will you draw the line if you accept one recolor of one user and deny one recolor of another user.
What I could observe over the past years was this simple decision making
which might be the fairest one in my opinion (no cnp / no recolor).
But it does not hinder exceptions like this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...04-blp-121511/?prev=search=ruins&d=list&r=200
if a certain artistic level is achieved.

The approval depends on usefulness and quality. Those two could save the resource from being rejected.