• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thor's Hammer

First try at modeling ever (scratch made), it has particle emitters that emits blueish particles. I think it turned out rather well and I would want to know what could be improved (keep in mind that I downloaded the programs used ~3 hours before I was writing this).

No need to give credits if used but they are appreciated and don't modify this in anyway without my approval.

UPDATE I: I fixed the particle emitter so it emits particles from inside the hammer (the particle emitter was too wide before)

UPDATE II: More particles, it was barely noticable before with the low particle count.

UPDATE III: Longer handle.

Keywords:
Thor, Hammer, Magic, Thors Hammer
Contents

Thor's Hammer (Model)

Reviews
11:12, 20th Feb 2009 General Frank: Nothing too fancy here, considering some flaws in it. Useful.

M

11:12, 20th Feb 2009
General Frank:

Nothing too fancy here, considering some flaws in it.
Useful.

hum it looks exactly like the ''gryphon rider'' missile, if you put it as an attachment to a unit, it is like the SAME model, but without the wind effect.

I might be wrong, but it those looks the same D:

but, you should change the texture for an other one maybe? like a stone hammer ? etc...

and don't get me wrong, it DOES looks great :D

Level 10
I'll say i like it:smile:
4/5
keep up the good work buddy:thumbs_up:

hum it looks exactly like the ''gryphon rider'' missile, if you put it as an attachment to a unit, it is like the SAME model, but without the wind effect.

but, you should change the texture for an other one maybe? like a stone hammer ? etc...

Here is a screen of a peasant wielding both the gryphon rider missile and my attachment, you can clearly see they are not alike when looking at them simultainiously.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_020109_202135_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_020109_202135_02.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 1,061

it does look like one =/

~Misha~

Level 5
I like it. I could put it in my quasi-RPG project "thing" I randomly start and stop working on. Depending on what color particles it uses, it could be a magic hammer of doom! (or maybe lightning) 4/5

Level 2
nice model, i might use this some time, but just a little question, how do i actually attach them to my units?

Level 5
It's nice, but it doesn't look like Thor's hammer, if you mean the Viking.

mjolner6.jpg

You do know that Thor was a god and not really a viking? :confused: (even tho I'm sure at least 5000 vikings were named Thor, and many norwegians still are..)
And u can't say you KNOW how the hammer looks like, each individual has his own interpretation of how the hammer looks/looked like :grin:

And if u google "thor's hammer" u'll find at least 500 different hammers.. :con: