• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

This very simple spell isn't working right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm having a lot of trouble getting a very basic spell to work:

I'm customizing Searing Arrows to make it deal a lot of damage but also have a 10 second cooldown. When I tested the spell, it works perfectly with my units, but when I give this spell to a creep, he constantly casts it, ignoring the cooldown. What's going on??

Also, with another basic spell...

I customized Shadow Strike into a simple Fireball spell and also made a Frostbolt spell using the same Shadow Strike as the basic template. But when I give both of the new spells to the same hero, it doesn't work properly. It's almost like they cast together, even though they're totally different spells and have different hotkeys. I'm confused. :-/

And as a side note, does anyone know how to write italics in tooltip text? I know how to change the color of the text, but not make it bold or italicized.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.