• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I'm having a lot of trouble with a Very simple spell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm having a lot of trouble getting a very basic spell to work:

I'm customizing Searing Arrows to make it deal a lot of damage but also have a 10 second cooldown. When I tested the spell, it works perfectly with my units, but when I give this spell to a creep, he constantly casts it, ignoring the cooldown. What's going on??

Also, with another basic spell...

I customized Shadow Strike into a simple Fireball spell and also made a Frostbolt spell using the same Shadow Strike as the basic template. But when I give both of the new spells to the same hero, it doesn't work properly. It's almost like they cast together, even though they're totally different spells and have different hotkeys. I'm confused. :-/

And as a side note, does anyone know how to write italics in tooltip text? I know how to change the color of the text, but not make it bold or italicized.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Level 27
If you set the ability to the default active ability, it will ignore the cooldowns for attack autocasts.
For your second problem they need to be two different ase spells.
Here's why: Warcraft gets a code from a spell, such as shadow strike. Warcraft causes the spell with the code shadow strike to run its effect, cooldown, and blah blah blah.
However, if two abilities have the code for shadow strike, it doesn't know which one you picked, so tries to activate them both, but usually gets the first one you made out.
Those are from my experiences at least.
I could be wrong on some of that, but I think the general idea is right.
--donut3.5--

Level 1
But the Searing Arrow spell is set as a Normal Ability for the unit, not Default Active Ability and it still ignores cooldowns. Also, I tried double clicking on the unit and making the spell non-Active, but it still doesn't work correctly. The unit is considered Neutral Naga because it's the only way I seem to be able to make regular units place as Neutral Hostile creeps, maybe that has something to do with it?

Level 18
Aludar said:
But the Searing Arrow spell is set as a Normal Ability for the unit, not Default Active Ability and it still ignores cooldowns. Also, I tried double clicking on the unit and making the spell non-Active, but it still doesn't work correctly. The unit is considered Neutral Naga because it's the only way I seem to be able to make regular units place as Neutral Hostile creeps, maybe that has something to do with it?

lol, ok.
just judging by you not being able to make Neutral Hostile creeps tells me that you are very new with the editor, and you probably have much to learn before you can start figuring things like this out on your own. first make sure the flaming arrows ability that you added isn't named the same as flaming arrows.. because you might just be adding flaming arrows to their abilities list instead of YOUR new ability. if this isn't the problem and the solution donut cited isn't working for you, then something else is wrong that i can't think of without looking at the editor.

and to see if the neutral naga thing is the problem, go back and remake these units from existing Neutral Hostile units in the Object Manager- Units. NEUTRAL HOSTILE UNITS CAN BE TILESET SPECIFIC, so be sure to either set this to ALL TILESETS or remember which tileset each of these custom units is in. Then go to the Tools Palette- Units>>Neutral Hostile>>Custom, then the tileset they're specific to.

Status
Not open for further replies.