• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with a critical spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i need to make a spell like windwalk but when the unit attacks it casts shadow strike instead of the damage bonus that normall happens. please tell me how to do this. ---AlphaChicken

Level 3
well there is a way but it involves another unit possibly invisible with locust abillity and no shadow and get the invisible unit to cast shadow strike on the unit thats been attacked by wind walk

Level 5
yeah but is there some trigger enhanced way or anything else other than that? if then how? and if not how do i do what you said with triggers? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 7
AlphaChicken said:
yeah but is there some trigger enhanced way or anything else other than that? if then how? and if not how do i do what you said with triggers? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

umm, off the top of my head i suppose u could catch whenever a unit casts ur spell and send it to a unit group (have to time as well to remove them once the spell has finished), and have a trigger that specifies if a unit attacks and it is in the unit group then do what the other guy says, and create and invisible 'caster' unit that shoots the shadow strike and disappears, and remove the unit from the group

Level 3
Alternatively, you could check if an attacking unit had the windwalk buff, and if it does, add the shadow strike ability to it. Order it to shadow strike the attacked unit, wait 0.01 seconds, remove the ability, and order the unit to continue attacking the unit it just used it on.

Level 5
ok i found how to do it ill explain later. but ineed to know what trigger do i use to say: when unit with windwalk attacks remove _____ ability?

Level 5
ok something isnt working this is how i did it:
-made an ability based off orb of slow.
-i made it do shadow strike 100% then i made a trigger that gives the ability whenever wind walk is cast.
-made a trigger that takes away orb ability after wind walk runs out.
-made the ability you gave me but when i attack it instantly takes ability and wont let you cast it.
-so i made a wait action. this worked (i used wind walk and attacked. it cast shadow strike and took ability in .5 secs). heres the problem:if i used wind walk again it waited two secs and took it even though i didnt attack anything!!

please help me! ive gotten everything to work but this!

Status
Not open for further replies.