• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please please help me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
need to make a spell like windwalk but when the unit attacks it casts shadow strike instead of the damage bonus that normall happens. please tell me how to do this.

ok something isnt working this is how i did it:
-made an ability based off orb of slow.
-i made it do shadow strike 100% then i made a trigger that gives the ability whenever wind walk is cast.
-made a trigger that takes away orb ability after wind walk runs out.
-made the trigger i was given me:

A unit is attacked
If
Attacking unit has buff of type: WindWalk = true
Then
Remove ability from attacking unit

but when i attack it instantly takes ability and wont let you cast it.
-so i made a wait action. this worked (i used wind walk and attacked. it cast shadow strike and took ability in .5 secs). heres the problem:if i used wind walk again it waited two secs and took it even though i didnt attack anything!!

please help me! ive gotten everything to work but this!

Level 3
Sounds like you need a wait in there to me. A 0.01 second wait can make all the difference; it allows the unit to have a chance of casting the ability.

I had a similar problem when making an auto-cast system; when the unit cast the dummy ability, it was told to stop so fast that it didn't actually start casting it, so it could use it again. A strategically placed 0.01 sec wait was all it needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.