• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Things you expect from the Warcraft movie..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Well i think the subject is self-explanatory.

I guess i should share first. I expect tons of action, fighting and killing (yey!). So there's some awesome fight between the force of good and evil. Some drama and romance will spicen up the movie.

That's all i can say.. Your turn.

Level 9
Well i suppose its all up to who ever does the basic screen play, it might look good who knows, as long as the graphics and story is good i dont mind.

Level 12
When games and such becomes movies they makers have to choose between true to fans or not. With the later statment meaning that it will be modified to make more non-fan people like it, which makes fans mad. Guess which is the most common.

Level 6
I think you guys are being alittle rough on Blizzard, there. COnsidering the quality of all their games, and even the books, and such, And also their apparently high standars, and the high standarts of that thigny they chose to make the movie, I think it'll be actually pretty cool.

They'll probably base it around a few characters of each race and such, jsut liek they've done in the games. If not, perharps they'll intoduce some new character and follow him/her around, while he/she comes into contact with other main characters and such.

I really just can't wait. I'm so gonna go see that in the theaters. (And I never really go to movie theaters very much)

Level 12
illadon said:
I think you guys are being alittle rough on Blizzard, there. COnsidering the quality of all their games, and even the books, and such, And also their apparently high standars, and the high standarts of that thigny they chose to make the movie, I think it'll be actually pretty cool.

They'll probably base it around a few characters of each race and such, jsut liek they've done in the games. If not, perharps they'll intoduce some new character and follow him/her around, while he/she comes into contact with other main characters and such.

I really just can't wait. I'm so gonna go see that in the theaters. (And I never really go to movie theaters very much)

Since when were books given high ratings? Since when did everything else from Blizzard get high ratings? That's a little too much faith in Blizzard saying the quality is above standards.

Also I should point out everything else including books, game boards, RPGs, and the rest are not produced directly from Blizzard (considering they only take a little part ex. Chris Metzen in writing RPG books.)

Besides how much movies based on video games have you seen that are at good quality? Considering how Resident Evil, Doom, etc have done, the quality of movies isn't the same as the game itself.

I've always hated a lot of movies out there. But the definite exception is a movie based on a video game.

Level 8
Level 3
i also think that the movie will be amazing,as long as
the movie got the same quality like the cutscenes in
warcraft 3
anyway i hope the story will be about The
War Of The Ancients
(like the book-trilogy)
or about the stroy of warcraft 3 + frozen throne

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Not many movies are made on what happens in a game since the plot lines in the game were written for the games and not for on screen display (movie).

They will probably base it happening at the same time as WoW or the interlude from wc3 tft to WoW.

It will probably feture this list of famouse names
Malfurion
Tyrande
Illidan
Kael
Lady Vashj
Kil'jaeden
Jaina
Arthas the lich king
Anub'arak
Sylvanas
Cairne Bloodhoof
Thrall
This is if they want a block buster record selling plotline.

Knowing modern movies it will probably focouse on one of them or on the conflict between humans and orcs.

I dought it will be very good sadly.

Level 9
Unless 5 days is a rez...

Id like to see some action, and at least some cohersion (sp?) with the old lore.

Oh, and, before WoW. WoW kinda ruined Warcraft for me.

Level 6
In the following text you will find customised people named: Dirk, Fred and Phil. Dirk and Fred are blizzard employees and arrange the marketing and thin kabout new idea's. Phil is Blizzard's excecutive producer and manager of the company.

1 year has passed since World of Warcraft ® is in stores, it's a real hit and the bankaccount of Blizzard is on it's top.

Dirk: Damnd, WoW is a real hit, isn't it! I can't believe that so many people want to play this *** game, haha!

Fred: Yeah, I know, it really is a grant succes, it has brought us much good, but unfortunately, alot of bad stuff aswell...

Dirk: Yeah, you are talking about the dark subject, the.. growing bankaccount...

Fred: Yeah, we really need to...

Dirk: Shuss! We can't say that in here, the boss will fire us! He wants money, more and more money so he can buy his third villa in Beverly Hills!

Fred:Oeps, well, lets whisper then, so they can't hear us!

Dirk: Good idea

Fred: We still need to think of something about that bankaccount, it will soon explode, got any crazy idea's ?

Dirk: Well, I have thought of something in my mind...

Fred: What, what??

Dirk: Well, I was thinking of making a Warcraft movie

Fred: A what?!

Dirk: Be silent! If the boss hears us, we are dead men!

Fred: Hell yeah, what idiot things of a Warcraft movie? Do you got any *** idea how it ended with any other game that was 'movisized"?

Dirk: Yeah, that Doom movie totally sucked

Fred: Hell yeah, so why the hel... Ahh, now I see...

Dirk: Finally, it took you long enough...

Fred: Good idea, that will make the bankaccount smaller, but can you explain the readers of this text what your excact plan is?? Most propably dont understand a shit

Dirk: Well, we will make a WoW movie! In this movie there will star alot of warcraft heroes, just like Arthas, Jaina and Thrall. WoW geeks will think it is uber and they will watch the movie. When they've seen it they will feel like they are cheated and go home unhappy. When they are home they finally see what WoW is: a money making killing-othergamingcompanies-machine and they will massively stop the game. That will do just enough to make the bankaccount get smaller, that way there is a smaller chance it will explode!

Fred: Precisely

Phil, the producer arrives

Phil: And, how many innocent people did we rob of their money this time??

Fred: About 7 million, sir

Phil: Good, get on, but wait a little with that TBX expansion, cause if it gets out, all old players will get back and the bankaccount will explode massively, Ill talk with the boss to find some solution for this issue. Just make some excuse to those innocent people, they will understand.

Fred: Ok sir, Ill change the release of TBC now... just a...sec... iiiiieee yes, ok I changed the date to the 16th of January 2007.

Phil: good, good, well, I need to go now, my nightelf Druid is level 59 now and I really need to get him to 60 today! But ehh, dont tell the boss ;)

Fred+Dirk: We wont, ;)

------END OF STORY-----

what Im trying to say was:

Blizzard makes pro games, but they dont make movies, and any dude who made games to movie films made a shitty movie (well most did, the quality was far away!!) The only hope is Peter Jackson for Halo, but for warcraft...I hope the falldown of their popularity will come fast and painless :(

Status
Not open for further replies.