• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thievery Campaign (Levels 1 - 6)

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Thievery Campaign
Parts 1 - 6

Thievery follows the adventures of Rahkan, a famous Satyr thief. When Rahkan stumbles across a big score, his greed may pull him down a path he could not forsee.

Thievery is a campaign focusing more on stealth than combat. Sneak around enemies, solve puzzles, fight bosses, assassinate weak enemies, and collect gold and items. You will find it is somewhat akin to Zelda games.

The campaign is difficult so you want to make sure to save your game here and there. Keep in mind that Rahkan is very weak and can die very quickly. Look before you leap.

Parts 1 through 6 complete. More coming soon!

0jb1lsX.jpg

I346RCe.jpg

VUsxHgp.jpg

XChF5o2.jpg

L4BwaeM.jpg

L95hpyq.jpg

40aZPMO.jpg

WXAWQRa.jpg

Dy76YqN.jpg

[9-21-09] Update: Fixed some patrol errors.

[11-20-09] Update: Some minor fixes and updates as I work on Part 5:
- Enemies that are immune to your skills will now display "Immune!" above their heads if you attempt to use the skill on them.
- Fixed a minor bug in Part 3 where you could approach Raz's shop using an unintentional path through the forest.
- Revamped the Soul Shard system to allow more inventory space.

[11-24-09] Update: Fixed a small oops I created in the last update.

[2-14-10] Update: Level 5 complete! I've decided since progress is much slower than I'd hoped, I'll just release each map as it comes out instead of in chapters. In addition to the release of level 5 (which is, in my opinion, the best one yet), I've also updated a few things:
- Opportunity will now show floating text if you get a successful combo.
- Lucky Rabbit's Foot now shows floating text when it comes into effect.
- The stun from your Stealth ability can no longer go into effect while you are still in stealth or after stealth has been broken. It now will always work on the attack breaking stealth.

Along with level 5, I've also added a button on the campaign that allows the game to search your game cache for old version saves so that you can go straight to level 5 if you've already completed levels 3 and 4.

A quick note: I've used two custom models in the map and I can't seem to find the authors' names. If you are the creator of Aura.mdx (The hero glow model) or the ItemKey model I use, please let me know so I can give you credit. Thanks!

Have fun!

[Update: 3-3-10] Added custom art and changed the titles of the books in the library puzzle in part 5 to clarify it a bit.

[Update: 3-14-10] Minor update, reduced filesize a bit and attempting to get the minimap preview to work on The Hive.

[Update: 4-4-10] Fixed a major oops I created in the last fix that caused Small Keys to be invisible!

[Update: 4-7-10] Double oops!

[Update: 6-27-10] Level 6 complete! For those of you who have already completed the previous levels, just click on "Load Progress" on the campaign screen to jump straight to level 6. Lots of custom music in this one, don't forget to turn it on! In addition to the new level, lots of small updates have been made to previous levels. Enjoy!

[Update: 6-30-10] Fixed a small bug in part 6.

[Update: 7-1-10] More bug fixes. <3 cleavinghammer!

[Update: 7- 22-15] Fixed broken screenshots.

Keywords:
Thief, Thievery, Satyr, Campaign, Zelda, Sneak, Stealth, Assassin, Gold, Steal, Rahkan, Raven
Contents

Thievery Campaign (Levels 1 - 6) (Campaign)

Bawbz

Hosted Project: SB
Level 13
My siege weapon did click in place, but it is in front of the gate, not in the middle of the 3 switches. It is now locked as well, so I cannot move it up the cliff to the switches. When I attack it, it shoots forwards, as it it suppose to do.

I will try to load back and not click it into the lower section, perhaps that was a trap?

Yeah the Siege weapon must be clicked onto the green tiles in the middle of the 3 switches before it will rotate. You'll have to use the lever in the previous room and push it back, take it up the elevator, and click it into place up there.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Great campaign ! The gameplay is truly unique as in different from the original games'.

The music is cool. Where is it taken from ?

It would be best if you finished the saga and then upload it, it's kind of annoying to start all over just to play the future uploaded levels.

Bawbz

Level 13
Great campaign ! The gameplay is truly unique as in different from the original games'.

The music is cool. Where is it taken from ?

It would be best if you finished the saga and then upload it, it's kind of annoying to start all over just to play the future uploaded levels.

You don't have to. You can load old data with the first campaign button.

Bawbz

Level 13
Each map with custom music on it has credits in the Quest log if you want to see specifics, but most of the music comes from Timesplitters 2 and some from my favorite N64 game of all time, Ogre Battle 64.

Bawbz

Level 13
How many chapters do you wish to make ?

The whole campaign has a planned number of 10 or 11 levels.

Damn, now i have to do everything to the newest chapter xD

The "Load Progress" button at the top of the list on the campaign screen should bring you up to speed without having to replay all the levels.

Level 28
I like it so far, but...:

* If you explain why Xevec keeps his axes, why don't you explain why Rahkan keeps the sword?
* The part with the turrets: it seems the turrets don't attack if you right-click the enemy (but A-left click works).
* Problem with Xevec's Rage move: The axe goes through units without damaging them, it looks like you're supposed to hit them with the chain. Which made the room with the Blinking sorceresses EXTREMELY annoying, since they don't get damaged when they look like they should be, and blink when you get close enough to do damage.
* Two things with the Guardian:
** The lightning bolts don't stay, as soon as another Teslanaut is activated, it switches to that bolt. So for the cinematic, you only have one or two bolts leading to the statue.
** Something weird: I re-attacked one of the Teslanauts after the scepter appeared, and it went through the cinematic again. There are now two Black Scepters. Picking up the first one gets the cinematic, picking up the second does nothing but disappear (doesn't bug the game, fortunately).
* The gate leading to Xevec's path doesn't open or unlock after you finish his part (in the room containing two archers and two soldiers), so you can't access the gold and specters on his side.
** Well, okay, you can get to it, but it feels like sequence breaking: you hookshot a target from across one of the prisoner rooms. But even so, it feels weird, especially since you can't pick up the fragments.
* How are you supposed to get the specter above the final boss' room? You can't give the flare gun to the skeleton...

Last edited:
Level 1
Played Chapter 1... Clear Status: 100%
Played Chapter 2... Clear Status: 100%
Played Chapter 3... Clear Status: 95%

So I reloaded the state of chapter 3 and look ALL over the map for 4 gold that I missed. I couldnt find any barrels ect. So I cheated iseedeadpeople and looked around. I couldnt find anything...
So if anyone could help me find that 4 gold for my 56/60 gold...

Bawbz

Level 13
* Problem with Xevec's Rage move: The axe goes through units without damaging them, it looks like you're supposed to hit them with the chain. Which made the room with the Blinking sorceresses EXTREMELY annoying, since they don't get damaged when they look like they should be, and blink when you get close enough to do damage.
You're not supposed to use rage on the sorcs, how did you end up killing them?
* Two things with the Guardian:
** The lightning bolts don't stay, as soon as another Teslanaut is activated, it switches to that bolt. So for the cinematic, you only have one or two bolts leading to the statue.
** Something weird: I re-attacked one of the Teslanauts after the scepter appeared, and it went through the cinematic again. There are now two Black Scepters. Picking up the first one gets the cinematic, picking up the second does nothing but disappear (doesn't bug the game, fortunately).
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I have fixed the latter but I'm not sure about the former. It may be fixed but I'm not exactly sure what was causing the problem.
* The gate leading to Xevec's path doesn't open or unlock after you finish his part (in the room containing two archers and two soldiers), so you can't access the gold and specters on his side.
It should be open as long as the footswitch is pressed down. How did you end up clearing that room?
* How are you supposed to get the specter above the final boss' room? You can't give the flare gun to the skeleton...
You can drop the item on the floor on the other side of the bookcase.

Thanks hammer, you're the man :)

Level 28
I killed the sorceresses after a very long battle, in which I lost all my Anhks and had maybe 13 hp left. But the main point is that his axe goes through units without damaging them.

I got through the room by waiting just under the switch, then running like hell for the gate when one of the soldiers stepped on the switch. I couldn't see any other way (well, I did later with the corpse in the pit, but by then it was too late).

I found a different way to reveal the boss-room specter: using the flare gun on the skull pile from the north wall of the boss room (then animating the skeleton) works just as well.

Why do chanters pull you towards them with the hookshot? Shouldn't they be pulled towards you?

Bawbz

Level 13
I killed the sorceresses after a very long battle, in which I lost all my Anhks and had maybe 13 hp left. But the main point is that his axe goes through units without damaging them.
Just build up combo hits on the soldiers (you can keep summoning them by hitting the switch over and over) and then axe chain a sorc for an instant kill, or even ettin slam a couple if they're close together.

Why do chanters pull you towards them with the hookshot? Shouldn't they be pulled towards you?

I wasn't aware they did, where did you encounter this?

Level 28
In the only room where a small key is sitting on the ground (rather than held by an enemy unit). It contains four soldiers and two out-of-reach chanters who continously ressurect the soldiers. Now I completely forgot about this room with Xevec, since I took the teleport immediately after killing Chucky. So I investigated it with Rahkan, where I discovered that hookshotting the chanters pulls you towards them, meaning you can't get out of the room once inside their cages.

EDIT: A new one, since I restarted the level. In the lower left corner of the sorceress room, I tried chainaxing the target in the center. Instead of going to it, Xevec found himself catapulted far beyond his target, zipping along towards the southwest. The edge of the map was no obstacle for Xevec the Flying Shaman of the Gor'Tok Highlands, for he merely changed course, without slowing down, to the south. He was last seen at the very southwest corner of the map before he disappeared forever into the unknown (and the game crashed). It was quite hilarious (I think a similar bug was found in WoW, something to do with a Death Knight ability), but I rather it be fixed.

And another one: In the corridor leading to Chunky's room, there's a corpse you need to chainaxe to pull out. However, if you use chainaxe on it too soon after a combo move, the corpse will explode (as it has less than 100 life at that point).

Crates take damage from combo moves (as in, it doesn't heal right after like training dummies), and sometimes don't respond to the chainaxe (although that might have been my lousy aim).

I can't find the last shard, and I've explored every inch of the available terrain. Where is it?

Minor one: Why doesn't Xevec have Howl of Terror after the escape?

And have I mentioned I love this campaign?

Last edited:
Level 1
Okay Im in the chapter 5 first libary, I cant solve that, the hint is just unclear to me...
Time it happened?
Destination it happened?
Amount of words?
Book icon?
I just dont know which should be where...

Level 1
I love the 6th level of your campaign =)

1 Glitch i seemed to have found is if you activate the telsas after you get the scepter it goes through the animation again (forcing you unable to move for a few seconds wondering why you cant) and spawns another evil scepter! (however picking it up doesnt do anything after the 1st).

I also think the reason why he didn't say rakhan had his 'sword' was because the ability opportunity is gone so you cant stab people? however it would look alot more appealing graphically if u could remove the sword but that seems like tedious work, where time could be better spent continuing the campaign lol

Also Possible spoiler!
I couldn't find the 5th quest in lvl 6, right b4 the boss I found a little secret area where u can bring up a skeleton but nothing is there D=, i opened the map editor to see what the point of that spot was and i saw a little shade hanging out, is this guy just a side quest that hasn't been implemented yet? or am i doing something wrong.

Bawbz

Level 13
In the only room where a small key is sitting on the ground (rather than held by an enemy unit). It contains four soldiers and two out-of-reach chanters who continously ressurect the soldiers. Now I completely forgot about this room with Xevec, since I took the teleport immediately after killing Chucky. So I investigated it with Rahkan, where I discovered that hookshotting the chanters pulls you towards them, meaning you can't get out of the room once inside their cages.
Indeed very odd that I had them set to that. Fixed.
A new one, since I restarted the level. In the lower left corner of the sorceress room, I tried chainaxing the target in the center. Instead of going to it, Xevec found himself catapulted far beyond his target, zipping along towards the southwest. The edge of the map was no obstacle for Xevec the Flying Shaman of the Gor'Tok Highlands, for he merely changed course, without slowing down, to the south. He was last seen at the very southwest corner of the map before he disappeared forever into the unknown (and the game crashed). It was quite hilarious (I think a similar bug was found in WoW, something to do with a Death Knight ability), but I rather it be fixed.
This is a bug I've encountered before but thought I fixed. And while humorous, I believe now I have fixed it for good. Hopefully.
And another one: In the corridor leading to Chunky's room, there's a corpse you need to chainaxe to pull out. However, if you use chainaxe on it too soon after a combo move, the corpse will explode (as it has less than 100 life at that point).
Fixed!
Crates take damage from combo moves (as in, it doesn't heal right after like training dummies)
I'm fine with that, sometimes you have to bust them open anyway (remember level 3?)
I can't find the last shard, and I've explored every inch of the available terrain. Where is it?
If I'm right, I think the one you're missing has to do something with the sorc room.
Minor one: Why doesn't Xevec have Howl of Terror after the escape?
His lungs get tired :(
And have I mentioned I love this campaign?
<3

Level 28
If you mean the one from the soldier's teleport room (with the iron gate), I already got it. I also got the first one, the chater and soldiers room one, and the one in the hallway before Chucky.

And you don't suppose you could somehow work the chainaxe bug into the game mechanics some how? Like a level with elevated targets that you use to swing Tarzan-like over a bottomless chasm?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Level SiX is neat as all of them ! ...but the lich Sumir is monotonous, boring and easy. I didn't really get the idea of what to do at the second part in Chucky's chamber. Should I have killed the elite ghouls too, like in the first part ? I cheated the 2nd part, wanted to finish the level faster :)

Level 28
Something weird with Chucky: at one point he went into his cannibalize animation, but he didn't eat any of the ghouls, they just sat there. They attacked me when I came close, but Chucky just kept chomping away at nothing, neither moving nor attacking. (So when I killed him, I had a chain of 130 hits with the Fury move.) And what are the lowered switches for?

The chainaxe doesn't seem to work on Chucky...

(Oh, and totally forgot where the fifth piece was, found it.)

Level 12
Finally finished the whole thing, I encountered some wrong stuff-would'nt call them bugs....

-In the Chucky battle at some point he said hes hungry and got stuck cannibalizing without any ghouls spawning. Im not sure but I think its because I was stunning him with the earth-stomp ability like every 6-7 seconds.

-During Rakhan's part where you have to kill that elite Ghoul with the key. Well for some reason he followed me all the way to the bridge you get to raise before. Then I found an "alternative" way to kill him (with the endless skeletal servant grave spawn).

Anyway, with or without those it was still a great and very unique campaign...

Last edited:
Level 28
The northern room of the corridor (leading to the final boss room) with all those ballistae and three ghouls. It contains an explosive barrel machine, a frost trap and a place to park a ballista. To the left there are two angled walls that prevent you from going further, a skull pile and a grave marker, and further left still a space with an invulnerable gate, a skeleton holding a key and several crates. Now I managed to get the key, but how do I break down the gate?

And about the final boss: his first form is stupidly difficult (maybe give a few seconds warning before his line attack), and his second too repetitive. Could you please reduce the second one's life, or make him vulnerable to stunning (as whittling down 1000 hp 20 damage at a time gets old very fast)?

Bawbz

Level 13
Something weird with Chucky: at one point he went into his cannibalize animation, but he didn't eat any of the ghouls, they just sat there. They attacked me when I came close, but Chucky just kept chomping away at nothing, neither moving nor attacking. (So when I killed him, I had a chain of 130 hits with the Fury move.) And what are the lowered switches for?

In the Chucky battle at some point he said hes hungry and got stuck cannibalizing without any ghouls spawning. Im not sure but I think its because I was stunning him with the earth-stomp ability like every 6-7 seconds.
Hm, never encountered that before. Where were the ghouls at? Dead? Sitting somewhere in a corner?
The chainaxe doesn't seem to work on Chucky...)
Does now :)

The northern room of the corridor (leading to the final boss room) with all those ballistae and three ghouls. It contains an explosive barrel machine, a frost trap and a place to park a ballista. To the left there are two angled walls that prevent you from going further, a skull pile and a grave marker, and further left still a space with an invulnerable gate, a skeleton holding a key and several crates. Now I managed to get the key, but how do I break down the gate?
Did you grab the ballista from the hallway nearby?
And about the final boss: his first form is stupidly difficult (maybe give a few seconds warning before his line attack), and his second too repetitive. Could you please reduce the second one's life, or make him vulnerable to stunning (as whittling down 1000 hp 20 damage at a time gets old very fast)?
You shouldn't have to whittle away HP at all. How are you fighting his second form?

Level 12

How in hell did you get the skeleton's key without breaking the gate? Nevermind don't answer.

The solution was to freeze some barrels and send them through the pipe system thing next to the entrance gate. Then make a line of frost trapped barrels from the white terrain to the invulnerable gate. Push the Ballista to the white terrain above above the entrance and attack it thus blowing up the invulnerable gate and possibly the elite skeleton with the key. Now get the other key from the second room and use them both to open the 2 main iron gates.

Level 28
^^ No, the ghouls go up to him as when they're going to be eaten, but instead just sit there.

Yeah, I had the ballista, but since it didn't reach the gate I had no idea how to use the barrel.

Going counterclockwise around the fire as he casts Blizzard, using Opportunity on him as he goes to the next rune, lather, rinse, repeat. Hookshotting, Distracting and Stealth-stun don't work (and I've tried).

^ Ah, thanks. That would never have occured to me, maybe they should be made bigger, to look like it fits.

Bawbz

Level 13
Going counterclockwise around the fire as he casts Blizzard, using Opportunity on him as he goes to the next rune, lather, rinse, repeat. Hookshotting, Distracting and Stealth-stun don't work (and I've tried).
Take a look at his inventory and take note when his Frost Shell disappears (it's what prevents him from being hit by hookshot).

Level 28
You know, I thought that item was strange... But still, the first form could do with either lowering his HP, or giving you a warning for when he's casting his attack (for example, play the Exorcism sound, wait two seconds (to select Rahkan and start him moving if he's still channeling, and odds are he will be), then fire off the attack. Or both.

Last edited:

Bawbz

Level 13
To be honest I think his first form is way too easy. Most people who have tested for me said it was easier than Saradin, but a few people think it's way too hard. I don't know, I never really get to watch people play. Either way, I don't think I'm going to change it anytime soon unless I get a lot of people telling me it's too hard.

Level 5

The chainaxe doesn't seem to work on Chucky...

(Oh, and totally forgot where the fifth piece was, found it.)

If you stun the ghouls with your slam attack, then they stop going to chucky, and if you position yourself right, you can have them sit in some corner while you continue to beat chucky up.

The switches are for if you're going to kill him the normal way =P

Bawbz

Level 13
Arhghhhh.... I can't find the last 4 gold for the third chapter (I'm a perfectionist).

Are all the full-clear prizes only gold, or are they something more special?

They're all gold, but I plan on having a bonus at the endgame for a 100% campaign clear.

There's a 4-piece coin in level 3 that I always seem to miss.
In the east wing of the temple, there's a hallway right before the room with 2 patrolling skeletal mages (Risen Sorcerer). There's an inconspicuous crate tucked in the bottom left corner of this hallway that is usually hidden by the south wall. Not sure if that's the one you missed, but maybe.

Level 28
In future updates, could you set the first two levels to have keys use the new models, rather than the standard treasure chest?

Also, something that annoys me about the assassinations counter: Shouldn't it be so that if you have less than the par, you get more points? For instance, on the first level it is more than possible to get all the gold without killing thirteen people. Doesn't make sense (to me) for a thieving and stealth campaign to reward random killing...

Level 2
okey, im really stuck at saradin the portal master or whatever :(
I figured out that you can grab those flaming rocks with the hook, but I cant find any good use for them, I always end up dying :( been stuck @ him for quite a while.
I'd like some solid hints, not the solution :D

Level 3
At first: Very, very, very great campaign - unique, callenging and amusing ;)

But i have a really great problem with the rat boss at the end of chapter three: After he has lost his first 100 hitpoint's (which always cost me lot of my ankhs) and has changed his tactics, he can't be wounded in any way. I always can do only on single attack, which usually does 4 - 5 damage. And after the next round of his burrowing ability, he has the same amount of hitpoints than before.

That's really disapointing - can someone tell me, how to beat him?

Level 28
^ Most bosses are defeated by using Opportunity when they're stunned, which does 100 damage. However, they're usually immune to the stealth-breaking stun, so you need to hit it with the hookshot (when it surfaces) and then use Opportunity.

Am I the only one for who saving takes progressively longer and longer until the game crashes on level 3?

Last edited: