• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thievery Campaign (Levels 1 - 6)

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Thievery Campaign
Parts 1 - 6

Thievery follows the adventures of Rahkan, a famous Satyr thief. When Rahkan stumbles across a big score, his greed may pull him down a path he could not forsee.

Thievery is a campaign focusing more on stealth than combat. Sneak around enemies, solve puzzles, fight bosses, assassinate weak enemies, and collect gold and items. You will find it is somewhat akin to Zelda games.

The campaign is difficult so you want to make sure to save your game here and there. Keep in mind that Rahkan is very weak and can die very quickly. Look before you leap.

Parts 1 through 6 complete. More coming soon!

0jb1lsX.jpg

I346RCe.jpg

VUsxHgp.jpg

XChF5o2.jpg

L4BwaeM.jpg

L95hpyq.jpg

40aZPMO.jpg

WXAWQRa.jpg

Dy76YqN.jpg

[9-21-09] Update: Fixed some patrol errors.

[11-20-09] Update: Some minor fixes and updates as I work on Part 5:
- Enemies that are immune to your skills will now display "Immune!" above their heads if you attempt to use the skill on them.
- Fixed a minor bug in Part 3 where you could approach Raz's shop using an unintentional path through the forest.
- Revamped the Soul Shard system to allow more inventory space.

[11-24-09] Update: Fixed a small oops I created in the last update.

[2-14-10] Update: Level 5 complete! I've decided since progress is much slower than I'd hoped, I'll just release each map as it comes out instead of in chapters. In addition to the release of level 5 (which is, in my opinion, the best one yet), I've also updated a few things:
- Opportunity will now show floating text if you get a successful combo.
- Lucky Rabbit's Foot now shows floating text when it comes into effect.
- The stun from your Stealth ability can no longer go into effect while you are still in stealth or after stealth has been broken. It now will always work on the attack breaking stealth.

Along with level 5, I've also added a button on the campaign that allows the game to search your game cache for old version saves so that you can go straight to level 5 if you've already completed levels 3 and 4.

A quick note: I've used two custom models in the map and I can't seem to find the authors' names. If you are the creator of Aura.mdx (The hero glow model) or the ItemKey model I use, please let me know so I can give you credit. Thanks!

Have fun!

[Update: 3-3-10] Added custom art and changed the titles of the books in the library puzzle in part 5 to clarify it a bit.

[Update: 3-14-10] Minor update, reduced filesize a bit and attempting to get the minimap preview to work on The Hive.

[Update: 4-4-10] Fixed a major oops I created in the last fix that caused Small Keys to be invisible!

[Update: 4-7-10] Double oops!

[Update: 6-27-10] Level 6 complete! For those of you who have already completed the previous levels, just click on "Load Progress" on the campaign screen to jump straight to level 6. Lots of custom music in this one, don't forget to turn it on! In addition to the new level, lots of small updates have been made to previous levels. Enjoy!

[Update: 6-30-10] Fixed a small bug in part 6.

[Update: 7-1-10] More bug fixes. <3 cleavinghammer!

[Update: 7- 22-15] Fixed broken screenshots.

Keywords:
Thief, Thievery, Satyr, Campaign, Zelda, Sneak, Stealth, Assassin, Gold, Steal, Rahkan, Raven
Contents

Thievery Campaign (Levels 1 - 6) (Campaign)

Level 2
I don't like it. Not because it's freakin difficult, but because the campaign itself is very simple-making. No custom units or effects, the terraining is very poor. I could even do that kind of campaign myself, even i'm far away to be a pro map-maker.

Perhaps sight is their first map but you do not like you comment so that it! All the work that him safe cost and a stupid person says that she is very boring because nonbeams your campaign?

Level 10
I just want to say first - I love this campaign. Playing a more puzzle-based game where my character has to sneak around because he's actually pretty useless in combat is a very refreshing change, especially for WarCraft III. The puzzles themselves are very challenging, and I feel a real sense of achievement when I figure one out. So kudos.

I have a suggestion for the overall campaign first, and then a specific place on the final level where I'm stuck.

Problem: So obviously these puzzles require some trial and error. In my case at least, they take a LOT of trial and error. (I can't tell you how many times I got killed by that damned patrolling boat in Chapter 3.) With gold being limited (there's only so much in the level for you to find), the player is sooner or later going to run out of Ankhs. With the levels being as long as they are, it doesn't make much sense to keep starting the level over, so the player in this position resorts to saving and loading, which eats up a lot of time... time in which the player is not actually playing your game. This is most frustrating on the timing-based encounters, where the player could potentially be sit at the loading screen for 45 seconds (or more), play for 15 seconds, die and have to load all over again.

Suggestion: Remove the stack count for Ankhs. (In other words, give the player an unlimited number of them.) The player already effectively has unlimited "lives" since they can save/load as often as they want, and making this change takes out the loadscreen delay.

Just a thought.

WC3ScrnShot_040410_003935_02a.jpg

As for me, I'm stuck in this room. The first thing I did was stand in the left chamber (where I am in the screenshot) and Hookshot the enemy over to me; I succeeded in freezing him as he passed over the trap but he still ended up in with me, which didn't seem to accomplish anything. Next I went back to the center area. I figured out I could switch where the trap was by hitting the switches, but that didn't seem to accomplish anything either. I next Hookshot'd the enemy into the trap and froze him, then Stealthed away. When he unfroze, I Distracted him down to the white diamond on the floor and killed him with the Ballista, but he didn't drop a key, and the door to the North was still locked.

Is this a bug (is killing him supposed to solve the puzzle), or am I still missing something? Hints appreciated.

Level 3
omg i got stuck at chapter 2 o_O' because a guard was bugged and it died out of nothingness. Ooh and also i forgot to save sooo.... Im pretty screwed must start again sometime.

Level 1
hey bob how can i defeat the rat boss :wink:

there's a 3 spike
on 4 sides

i manage to destroy all the spike by the boss rat stone :grin:

but it doesn't make sense :hohum:

how to defeat i'm stuck? :nw:

Level 28
An all-around awesome campaign, but it has some major problems:

* On the third mission, saving takes longer and longer, until the game crashes (something about "chunks" in the error message). Given the save-intensive nature of the campaign, this is a major problem (I had to finish the level on invincibility cheats, boss included).
Also, the hookshot targets are too far apart (the crates on the northernmost island, tree on the western island), so instead of using hookshot, Rahkan just sits at the water's edge until detected.

* On the fifth mission, the guard in the room with a ballista and two frost traps is obviously supposed to drop a key, but none shows up on death. I had to go in the editor to change the model, forcing me to restart the level.
In addition, the stun effect from stealthing seems to take longer than normal to show up on the puppetmasters (so using opportunity right after doesn't kill them outright). Is this normal?

* Not a problem, just a suggestion: could you make it so that when a chain of siege weapons is started, the fog of war is lifted from them, so as to see the target getting splatted/exploded?

That said, the puzzles were satifyingly difficult, the music fits perfectly, the characters are interesting (sarcastic Rahkan is hilarious), the story is compelling, and I eagerly await further chapters.

Level 2
I am stuck at the "into the fire" map in the library where the footman with very fast regeneration is. I could kill him without cheats but I don't know if I should somehow open the door there or go back and open the one behind.

Bawbz

Hosted Project: SB
Level 13
Thanks for the comments all.

If you're having trouble with the fast-regenning guard in the library with the frost traps and the siege weapon not dropping anything, downloading the newest version of the campaign SHOULD fix that. I ran into that bug recently and have updated the map since. Sorry about that guys.

I'll also look into some of the other complaints.

Thanks again!

Level 1
Hey, I'm also stuck at the ratboss. That sniveling overgrown rat is really getting on my nerves.
I've found out I can destroy the spikes with the boulders he keeps throwing at me, but after all are destroyed, I fail to see any trigger.
HINTS PLZ

Level 4
Eh well i'm stuck on level 2. the guards at the two ballistas wont move into pads no materr how many times I try, and no other way seems to work.

Bawbz

Level 13
Hey, I'm also stuck at the ratboss. That sniveling overgrown rat is really getting on my nerves.
I've found out I can destroy the spikes with the boulders he keeps throwing at me, but after all are destroyed, I fail to see any trigger.
HINTS PLZ

The spikes are just for looks, they serve no other purpose. Hookshot will be your best friend for this fight.

Level 4
Bahh, I'm stuck on the 3rd chapter. I have a keystone but it doesn't open the large gate in the center of the ruin part of the map. I went east and grappled my way to an island where humans were camped, along with a battleship. I walked around there but there was nothing I could do without being sighted and instantly killed. Please help?

Level 28
@Tommy Gun: Is it the room with the two elite militia, ballistas and raised switches?

If so, you need to have Distract (down the left hallway) and use it on the guards. Use it so the center of the spell is just off the switch, as the guard won't move to the exact point the spell is cast. Stand right next to the double gate and they shouldn't be able to see you even when they're standing on the switches (but leave the room and stealth as soon as the gate is open just to be sure).

^ Head to the far east of that island (near the Barracks) and try to tether a lone tree standing on the island to the east then keep running southeast. Make sure you time it so that goddamned battleship doesn't see you (those islands are easily the most annoying part of the map).

Last edited:
@Tommy Gun: Is it the room with the two elite militia, ballistas and raised switches?

If so, you need to have Distract (down the left hallway) and use it on the guards. Use it so the center of the spell is just off the switch, as the guard won't move to the exact point the spell is cast. Stand right next to the double gate and they shouldn't be able to see you even when they're standing on the switches (but leave the room and stealth as soon as the gate is open just to be sure).

^ Head to the far east of that island (near the Barracks) and try to tether a lone tree standing on the island to the east then keep running southeast. Make sure you time it so that goddamned battleship doesn't see you (those islands are easily the most annoying part of the map).

thx cleavinghammer +rep

Level 5
AGhhh how do you beat the giant rat boss on chp 3? I cant do it without using the invincibility cheat, and im too lazy to slowly whittle away his hp 20 at a time by Opportunity. What is his weakness? (does it have to do with the spikes that the edges)?

Bawbz

Level 13
AGhhh how do you beat the giant rat boss on chp 3? I cant do it without using the invincibility cheat, and im too lazy to slowly whittle away his hp 20 at a time by Opportunity. What is his weakness? (does it have to do with the spikes that the edges)?

You only have to whittle down about 100 hp til his tactics change :)

Level 1
Stupid Librarys

I was having a ton of fun playing this campaign until I hit the library in Chapter 5, how can I compare the strengths of gods from different mythologies? Even worse when you input all the books there is no hint as to how close you are or anything like that, you just sit there & waste a bunch of time being frustrated thinking "Why cant I just continue having fun D=", there really is no fun at all doing the library parts, I would suggest making the library rooms much more friendly or taking them out all together and adding 2 more fun obstacle rooms. I quit in the 2nd library because I don't know what to type into google to compare gods strengths from 3 different mythologies and have it all in 1 nice list.

Level 5
When you kill the ghost keeper, he gives you the hint: Your sword cuts my flesh as if it were paper. But can it cleave stone?

Think rock paper scissors.

Whatt/???? how do you arrange them?
I tried arranging them based on like "weaknesses" like in pokemon, where poseidon (water) beats hephaestus (fire).

I even took out all the books and destroyed them at one point lol.

Level 4
Remember in earlier puzzles where you could rotate siege weapons by pressing down switches? =]
I'm stuck on the same part, except i didn't bring the skeleton up. It is on the bottom and I have the ancient siege weapon in place, but when i stand on the footswitches the siege weapon does not change direction. Is this a bug? Or is there another way to do it?? :confused:

Bawbz

Level 13
I was having a ton of fun playing this campaign until I hit the library in Chapter 5, how can I compare the strengths of gods from different mythologies? Even worse when you input all the books there is no hint as to how close you are or anything like that, you just sit there & waste a bunch of time being frustrated thinking "Why cant I just continue having fun D=", there really is no fun at all doing the library parts, I would suggest making the library rooms much more friendly or taking them out all together and adding 2 more fun obstacle rooms. I quit in the 2nd library because I don't know what to type into google to compare gods strengths from 3 different mythologies and have it all in 1 nice list.

The latest version of the map should play an animation each time you get a pair correct, but I'm not sure if I've actually uploaded it. I should be uploading a new version soon anyway along with level 6.

Whatt/???? how do you arrange them?
I tried arranging them based on like "weaknesses" like in pokemon, where poseidon (water) beats hephaestus (fire).

I even took out all the books and destroyed them at one point lol.

For those of you who do not like the library parts, the answers to both of them are here:

Hugo's Clue: Time flows like words on the pages of a book.
Meaning: Arrange the books' events in chronological order. Left to right, top to bottom (like reading a book).
Solution:
1. The Great Flood 2. Pyramids at Giza 3. The Spartan Stand at Thermopylae
4. Death of Julius Caesar 5. The Rise of King Arthur 6. Blackbeard's Defeat

Hugo's Clue: Your sword cuts my flesh as if it were paper. But can it cleave stone?
Meaning: Arrange books by rock paper scissors based on the elements of the Gods.
Additional Hint: The sign displays the starting locations of the books:
1. Gaea (Earth) 2. Erebus (Night/Darkness)
3. Skadi (Ice/Winter) 4. Poseidon (Water)
5. Thor (Thunder) 6. Hephaestus (Fire)
7. Ra (Sun/Light)
Solution:
Each God belongs to an element. Each element can "counter" another. Place each element's counter in the starting pedestal of the element you want to counter.
1. Skadi (Ice cracks the earth, hint given in Skadi's book) 2. Ra (Light drives away the night)
3. Hephaestus (Fire melts ice) 4. Thor (Electricity is conducted by water)
5. Gaea (Earth grounds electricity) 6. Poseidon (Water puts out fire)
7. Erebus (Darkness also shadows the light)

I'm stuck on the same part, except i didn't bring the skeleton up. It is on the bottom and I have the ancient siege weapon in place, but when i stand on the footswitches the siege weapon does not change direction. Is this a bug? Or is there another way to do it?? :confused:

Shouldn't be a bug, I just tried it the other day to make sure and it worked for me. Make sure the siege weapon clicks in place right in the center of the 3 switches before trying to turn it. Do NOT distract the skeleton up to the platform.

Level 4
Shouldn't be a bug, I just tried it the other day to make sure and it worked for me. Make sure the siege weapon clicks in place right in the center of the 3 switches before trying to turn it. Do NOT distract the skeleton up to the platform.

My siege weapon did click in place, but it is in front of the gate, not in the middle of the 3 switches. It is now locked as well, so I cannot move it up the cliff to the switches. When I attack it, it shoots forwards, as it it suppose to do.

I will try to load back and not click it into the lower section, perhaps that was a trap?