• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Theory] Water Waves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So today I was out on the beach, looking over the sea with ships and stuff, I saw waves of water which crashed upon the rocks and I was thinking about something, is it possible to make wc3 water look realistic by making the water go up and down randomly?

Also making waves of water move fast and slow possible? Looking as though they are disturbed by something and is crashing at a direction with sounds if possible.

So is this thing makeable? making waves of water go up and down, using waves and can manipulate speed of the waves / water so it looks realistic unlike dull wc3 water which is so square.

Level 5
could you maybe make a trigger turn the bubbles or somthing on and off in like rows att a time to make look like wave.
like you got bubbles in line then another line then so on...then activate them row by row or somthing... probly cant even do it but maybe u could mess with the bubbles or steam and stuff??

Status
Not open for further replies.