• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem wtih water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hello.

I have a problem with water on my map.
First of all, the map was created with deep water as the foundation. From this water, landmasses were raised with the raise tool, it all looks fine etc.

However, when lowering certain parts of these landmasses, there is no water underneath.

Where did this water go, and is it possible to "get it back"?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It was removed for optimization reasons automatically by WE. Otherwise the game renders 2 layers which wastes GPU power (as if that maters nowdays but still).

Yes you can get it back, just paint new deep / shallow water over it. If you want you can even write a low level script that modifies the terrain mesh file to force water flag to remain on for all tiles.

Level 24
But when painting new water on the on the tiles without water, the new water gets positioned lower than the other water. Why is this?

Edit: It almost seems like the higher water is the one positioned incorrectly, because when raising cliff level by 1 on the lower water, it becomes shallow, but not on the higher water. So it seems the higher water is positioned higher than it should be for some reason.

Attachments

• wtf.png
    wtf.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
when your creating water when you have the left mouse key on first click on the water hight you want and keep the left mouse key on and drag it over to the one you want and it should be the same as the one you first clicked on:p. If you still have trouble you can sent the map via private message and I can play around with it untill fixed :p I have had these problems before and ended up fixing them myself, so I hoped this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.