• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Theory of Antigravity Kittens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
here is an interesting theory i found in that great pinnacle of knowledge and truth, www.uncyclopedia.org.
Murphys law states that if something can go wrong, it will.
so, if you drop a piece of buttered toast, it will land butter side down.
another important law of physics, is that cats always land on their feet.
now, stick a piece of buttered toast, butter side up, to a cats back.
now drop the cat of a building.
observe as both sides attempt to hit the ground, but cancel each other out.
theoretically, the cat should just hover an inch from the ground and spin constantly, creating antigravity.
imagine the limitless power! the possibilities! (Antigravity kitten powered spacecraft, antigravity kitten power plant)

(cal is not responsible to any damage done to kittens in testing this theory)

Level 5
lolz look on uncyclopedia its all explained there, its also what power the site (apparently) but they have a backup generator powered by stormtroopers vs Red shirts (because both always die)

Level 3
Hahahaha kittens flying. Which article is it?

I included myself in the "Counter-Strike Text-Based" article... :p

Level 36
Uncyclopedia is a WORK OF SATIRE. Meaning that its entire purpose is to be funny, bot factual. Nothing in there is real, it's all just random information and wild lies for the sake of being funny.

On another note, it succeeds wildly at being funny, i've been browins Uncyclopedia for a while now.

The best articles are IMO: Communism and Vin Diesel.

2 Pitch 2 Black rofl.

cal823, your teory dont have any sense with anti gravity.

The cat dont creates anti gravity
The cat will spin, and will make the air hold him, making it fall more slowly
If you make the cat fall from a building located in a place without any air, nothing will happen (exept a smashed cat)

The antigravity is completely impossibe by now, and for much long time.

Level 24
Oh yeah, I forgot to say this:

The toast DONT HAVE MORE CHANCE to fall with the buter side from down.
The chance is absolutely the same for the both sides.

The Mithbusters had tested this mith.
They have trowed more over 200 butered toasts it in 2 or 3 possibilities and many heights.
and the results always was the same.

lol it's a joke. none of us actually believe that doing this will actually cause the cat to stay there hovering (i hope). laugh at it!

Level 24
i'm not entirely sure that the weight of the butter is significant enough to affect that, but it works for me.

Level 10
I haven't studied Murphy's law... but it sounds like complete bullshit.

Why would something go wrong if it can go wrong?

Example: I'm making a dam in a random country. The only way it could go wrong would be setbacks, or a war or whatever. If there could be a war, there is no certainty it will happen.

It's kind of a joke, but it does seem to happen quite often. Does it not?

Last edited:
Level 24
I haven't studied Murphy's law... but it sounds like complete bullshit.

Why would something go wrong if it can go wrong?

Example: I'm making a dam in a random country. The only way it could go wrong would be setbacks, or a war or whatever. If there could be a war, there is no certainty it will happen.

Murphy's Law isn't an ACTUAL law of physics. It's more like something that is generally accepted to be true. it's like saying "women get really nasty on their periods". it doesn't apply to every woman, but it does to a fair amount.

Level 18
I seem to recall that from most table heights, the toast had a larger chance to land face down (if it had slipped off the table) because it simply didn't have enough time to flip around to being face up again.

-*meow*

That is correct. and because you rarely have the buttered side face down on the table. its most likely to do one rotation landing on the buttered side when brushed off a table.

However if a buttered piece of toast is dropped from a neutral angle and a greater height, it will most likely land on the un-buttered side due to the dip caused from buttering the bread forming an air pocket.

side note:
Murphys law is only accepted as true by pessimists.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.