• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The CHAOS Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CHAOS Theory is something I've been considering to make.

It is a good-old RTS with some nifty features and three different factions. I wanted to make it because lately I've been seeing alot of RPGs and not enough Strategy maps.

The Story So Far...
By 2112, all of Earth's nations were in peace. But it wouldn't last. America, still a world power, was running out of resources. It was rich, but it was nothing compared to China's booming economy. It needed money.
And that money lay beneath the sands of Iran.
The US sent a vast naval fleet around the Middle Eastern seas. It was pressuring Iran step by step. After a month of US navy enclosing Iran's sea borders, Iran finally took action. With Japan supplying them an ample amount of explosives, they fired at the American warships.
It was what America wanted.
The US convinced most of Europe and Australia to wage war on Iran. They became the UND(United Nations Defense). Similarly, Iran persuaded Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Israel, and Palestine(Federation of Independent Nations). Asia was secretly supplying both sides with weapons, trying to make a profit from the ongoing crysis.
10 years later, in 2123, the UND was easily advantaged. Although FIN had taken most of eastern Europe(the Europeans had fled to American lands) and Northern Africa, the UND was devestating them overall. FIN was good at isolated ground battles, but the UND excelled at large scale devestation. It sent multitudes of nuclear missiles over the past decade. This rendered most of the Middle Eastern ground to become irradiated and uninhabitable. American corporations sent their oil companies to the Persian lands, taking the oil for themselves.
America had won. Or so it seemed.
Although FIN was a measly 50 million in population(including citizens), the UND forgot about another large force. Asia. Boosted by China and India's horrendous numbers, it outnumbered both, growing in size and strength as FIN and the UND fought. The ODE(Order of Domination Empire, formed by Eastern Asia and Russia) had decided to emerge, entering the war by obliterating America.
It was the start of the ODE's effective but highly deadly biological warfare. It only took a small platoon of infected soldiers to spread a virus throughout the whole of the UND's populance. By 2138, UND population was below 100 million. FIN, now allied with the UND in a time of desperation, were fortunate as their borderlands were next to the ODE's, who wouldn't risk setting the plaque among themselves.
Presently, the date 14th of September, 2205. The UND's population is roughly 26 million, and dwindling, and FIN's settles at about 31 million. ODE's military alone is above one billion. Although it seems that victory is imminent for the ODE, the allied forces have one thing that the ODE does not; land. ODE's land, even with Russia's gigantic landmass, is overcrowding. The air is polluted, the wildlife near non-existent. The streets are filled. It will be a matter of time before ODE chooses to launch ground assaults, or to give up and crumble on its own power...

Races:
There are 3 unique races.
The UND is a once mighty faction, but it has now fallen. Its men are few, and it relies on technology often then not. The UND consists of the USA, Western Europe and Norway, South Africa and South America.
The UND use general tactics. However, they rely on technology alot, their men are few. Their strength is their versatility and 'jack of all trades', and their weakness is their relative lack of variety, firepower and numbers.

FIN is a colony bred amongst war. Its borders lie next to the ODE's, and so their people are always ready for combat. FIN consists of Eastern Europe, Denmark, the Middle East, North Africa, and Far West Asia.
FIN makes use of their battle-ready nature, harnessing mobility and the need to survive. Their strategies are survival oriented, Their strength is their mobility and aggressive nature, their weakness is their lack of defense.

The ODE is a superior faction, containing numbers up to 11 billion. They use unorthodox methods of warfare, like chemical and biological. The ODE consists of Eastern and Sub-continental Asia, the Pacific and Russia.
The ODE is very unbalanced, and usually focus on specific traits. They prefer quantity over quality. Their strength is their numbers and resourcefulness, their weakness is their overall lack of strength and quality.

Gameplay:
The good old fashioned build and kill, with extras. Each faction's mechanics will be highly different. I may add some modes as well to make gameplay more fun. Resources will be different however. Each race has their own way of generating resources. The terrain will be a deserted city, and the player limit will be 8. I dunno if I can make an AI, as some things are triggered.

Team:

I don't need a team.

The CHAOS Theory is a mathematical theory that dictates that initial conditions with small differences can wield largely different outcomes. As such, this theory mirrors the origin and chaos of the current war between the three factions.

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.

This won't start until I finish most of my Halo UTM.

Level 9
The Idea is good,and I do agree with you,people should make more strategy maps.Some things that intrigued me were-

Japan+Russia=11 billion population?
India or China alone exceeds FIN's population (or are they infected by the plague too?)

Anyway,the choas theory sounds intresting.I intepreted as '1 mistake and youre doomed' sort of thing.Hope the game turns out that way.
Some Ideas:
What about satelltite warfare?You could set satellites in the air and use them to launch attacks on the ground bases.
Good luck with both HALO UTM and this Project.

Thanks for the feedback.

Allow me to explain. Japan+Russia+China+India+Korea+Vietnam+Bangladesh+Phillipines+Indonesia+Malaysia+Thailand...you get the point+a whole 2 centuries = 12 billion approx. 12 billion - a few war casualties = 11 billion. Therefore the ODE is 11 billion.
Now, you are wondering 'Why couldn't they just kill FIN and the UND outright?'
Well, in the case of the UND, they are. The UND, at 2124(a year before the ODE emerged), its population was about 4 billion, and FIN's, previously stated as 50 million. By 2138, the UND is down to 100 million. This is a difference of 3.9 billion people in 14 years.
The reason is due to America being overseas from Asia, a virus wouldn't spread to their own lands if sent to America.
In the case of FIN, the ODE hasn't had much luck. This is because of FIN's battle-hardened nature(as described), and the fact that the Middle East is next to Asia. So if the ODE were to send a virus into the heart of FIN(Persia/Iran), that same virus may backfire and spread throughout ODE's populance. Thus, they must resort to ground battles(which FIN excel at).

Level 9
OOh..I thought that India and China were in FIN.
And are you using satellites as I mentioned,you could use them for a variety of purposes(Satellite missile attacks,resourcs from other planets,Recon etc)

Level 9
Have something like 'Ultimate Tech' which can change the game fora faction.
UND-Robot factory(lack of better name) allows fast production of very powerful robots.
FIN-Genetical Enhancement-increases all stats of soldier units
ODE-Supervirus-Unleash a virus that ODE is immune to.Supervirus doesnt affect robots,and has a slightly less effect on Genetically enhanced soldiers.

Level 3
ODE, you can incorporate mutations due to pollution which could mutate citizens into monstrousities causing damage. However, you should make a "research facility" or something where you can get a unit that can "mind-control" the monsters so that you can use them against your enemies.

UND should be able to enlist aliens or something of the sort due to their advanced tech. Maybe after establishing contact or something... They should also be the ones with the strongest defensive buildings and have robotic units as their population is lowest. Nukes are also a probably idea for UND but limit them...

FIN should have the cheapest units so they can mass armies. However since their units are weakest that should help balance it out. They should also have the weakest economy. Also make it so that FIN can build "pirates" of some sort that can raid enemy bases.

ODE and UND economy should be relatively the same... just build a building and gain income or something like that.
FIN economy should be based on stealing or raiding the enemy.

Dude, let me explain in SC terms:
UND - Terran
FIN - Protoss
ODE - Zerg
I like your mutations idea, I could certainly use it.
I dislike your Alien ideas. This is NOT a Sci-fi map, it is steam-punk/modern. No nukes for the UND, they prefer to use technology like lasers. I've already decided they will have strong buildings and mechs.
FIN will definitely not be 'Zerg'. They're infantry tend to hold the most firepower, whereas their machinery are weaker. FIN are not rogues, they are actually in a better state (in terms of human population and quality) than the UND (who have suffered from biological warfare).

UND will use a relatively basic resource system, with very little advantages, but also very little disadvantages. eg. Fusion Generators
FIN will use a more simple system, that will usually require manpower over technology. eg. Warehouse/Farm
ODE will use a very powerful resource system, but it comes with many disadvantages. eg. Nuclear Power

Status
Not open for further replies.