• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thekebecer's showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This is my first post on the forum and I want your opinions. Please be critic and give ideas if you have.

1. First part of my barren village (version 2)
176438-albums2393-picture19133.bmp

2. The principal street of the village
176438-albums2393-picture19122.bmp

3. Another part of the village
176438-albums2393-picture19123.bmp

And onether thing...how I can put the pics in attachement?

Last edited:
Level 9
I'd say it's half-good half-not-so-good. As whole, it looks quite... living, and realistic.

Trees on first screen look not quite right. You should dig them in deeper, and probably cover with some grass. Grass itself could be more orange, to fit with tiles. Cliffs must die, naturally, but it's not so dire in this case, one of the few examples when cliffs look like they fit the picture. River on the back of first screen should have more defined borders, made of stones etc.

For attachment, you need to "Go Advanced," and upload there.

Level 6
ty for the help, I'm going to work again on it and i will show the result here.

Update: I rework the border of the river and i change the color of the grass. Add or move some tree because I don't like there old place. I remove the rock archay and remplacce it by a banner archway because the rock archway block our sight on the river.

The first is the updated view
The second is the same but with cloud effect and wind. (I prefer the second)

Attachments

• Barren Village Camera without cloud.PNG
    Barren Village Camera without cloud.PNG
    675.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Barren Village Camera.PNG
    Barren Village Camera.PNG
    686.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Level 6
For moment I'm not working on terrain for a real map...only for show my talent and after have a chance to do a real project. Other pictures coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.