• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] The Ways of a Fighter

Which way would you like the project to be in?

• Come in separate maps.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Come in a campaghin.

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Hello there, seen this project many times and I think this is the time I should say what I think about the project here.

Firstly, I like the game's story or should we say lore, it is very detailed.

Second, the features are kind of unique, I do like to see two chapters each with different goals, spell based attack system and more..

Third, the terrain, very nice! Terrain is not that flat and empty. It is filled well with doodads fitting in the environment itself. But my only concern are those big trees! They might block player's view with those.

Overall, this is a promising project. I would like to see more in this and better you are with MasterTrainer who is good at Triggering and Terraining.

~Subscribing here!~

Thanks for such kinds words hell master I not so sure about reducing the trees height because the leaves might get in the way of the camera so yah.

And MasterTrainer I will send a screenshot of the cave and a small picture of the terrain of the small settlement in that cave hopefully that's good enough detail to help you.:ogre_haosis:

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Chapter 2 he escapes from the Island barely alive did not care where he was going as long as he got away.He ends up on the lands called Hera like I told you where he meets some allies and enemy's until one prophecy starts revealing what he is going to become.He is going to become the savior of these lands.When the villagers here this they feel in there hearts that there is still hope that they might still have a chance they all decide to get there strongest men to accompany him to the land that holds the corruption that where chapter 2 ends and chapter 3 begins which I will fill you in with after your done with chapter 2. Obviously your story is going to be more detailed than mine so good luck on the story.

Level 12
Chapter 2 he escapes from the Island barely alive did not care where he was going as long as he got away.He ends up on the lands called Hera like I told you where he meets some allies and enemy's until one prophecy starts revealing what he is going to become.He is going to become the savior of these lands.When the villagers here this they feel in there hearts that there is still hope that they might still have a chance they all decide to get there strongest men to accompany him to the land that holds the corruption that where chapter 2 ends and chapter 3 begins which I will fill you in with after your done with chapter 2. Obviously your story is going to be more detailed than mine so good luck on the story.

So this will be a campaign right? Will be starting chapter 2 in a bit.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Yes I would like also like to see it a campaign.Now folks for your help I would need your help to think of optional boss fights for my Project it would be welcomed if you showed me the model of the boss.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
That's good I will keep that in check.Any one else with wonder optional boss fights.Remember be creative and stick with the theme.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8

Here's another one:
Deep from the sea comes the high-warlord of only the most rare of the nagas, Naj'entus has surfaced to lay waste to the surface dwellers. No one knows yet why he has risen from the deep, but whatever that reason is, it's covered by a lot of bloodshed.

These are all awesome ideas can you give me moves for them that yo no suits them thanks for your time.
+gave you wrong map with outdated terrain sorry I feel bad.:ogre_icwydt:

Level 6
Progress Bar MultiBoard

Alright okay!
Here we are, the fantastic Multiboard Progress Bar is done!

:ogre_haosis:

Extendable how ever you like it and documentation inside!
If you wanna have more Perks, simply change the variables at the very beginning of the triggers and obviously copy paste the Progress Increase trigger and set the array depending on what perk it should be.

So if your 1. Perk is crafting, then everything is done already.
You add a 2. Perk, copy&paste some triggers in the multiboard section, set Perks = 2 and copy paste the Progress Increase trigger, change every array from [1] to [2].

Easy to extend, simple to use, does what it intends flawlessly.

Workload total: 1 hour. (Could have been much faster without documentaion and if I wasn't searching to fix one mis-typed integer for about 30 minutes -.-')

Anyway, hope you like it !

So far,
Hades

Attachments

• SampleMapProgressBarMultiboard.w3x
    17.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Level 12
I still do not get chapter 2, so if you want something edited, then please say so. Here's the draft of what I have already done:

All alone, stranded and desperate, the young sailor faints. His eyes open, the lights unfold before him, still a bit dizzy he gains his senses and feels as if his wounds from the ship crash earlier were gone. He sees an old man cooking up some delicious looking food and he tries to get up. The old man, seeing the young sailor all-well and awake, asks him his name. The young sailor, stripped of his memories, traumatized by the nightmare that he had just experienced remained silent. The food looked ready to eat, they ate and the old man asked the young sailor some questions regarding his reasons for going through this island. The old man agreed to train him in the ways of a fighter in order for him to survive this island of troubles, and he slowly regains his memories. He sets foot once again, set upon making it back to his home. The old man gave him some remedies and food that he might need before setting out.

Level 3
We need more screenshots to see what is still going on at the moment, in either words this map is going to a legend if you continue it till the end. so don't keep us waiting, i still insist it should be an RPG for single player so we can get the feel of the story before getting the campaign. i will +Reptify if i see what i want to see, just kidding, just do the best on this project i like the story on behalf of Pronto Planet Production.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
The thread has been updated with new section with a few screenshots + thanks for the comment.=)

Edit:There will be an alpha so that you can test before the whole thing so theres your reply for the SPRPG thing.

Sincerly
Bethmachine

Edit:really still no posts after updating thread with new section. :(

Last edited:

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Last edited:

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
@Chaosy: I will update thread with chapter 1 story sorry for it taking time for terrain screenshots.It is because the terrain is being redone. I will try my best to make this thread look better.

@Master Trainer:That is going to take a long time are you ready to wait?Plus MasterTrainer can I send you the second chapter so that you can read it tell me what you think about it before I post it here?

@DoomGuy80:Ok I will try it depends on how the map goes.

@All:Remeber if you like this project don't forget to nominate it.

Sincerly
Bethmachine

Edit: Thread has been updated with chapter 1 story screenshots of ne terrain will soon follow.

Last edited:

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
I see now okay I am going to gather some beta testers then who wants to join the team?

@MasterTrainer : since you are my 2d artist can you help me make an icon for 67chromes villager model it is kind of needed man.

@All:redid terrain a bit looks better now trees sizes are reduced and more custom doodads to make place look more lively.Will update thread with screenshots and will update the optional boss section with a few of MasterTrainers ideas.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Yeah um- when I say 2d artist, I can't really make an icon for a unit/hero model, but I can make ability icons.

Okay then then can you make a an ability icon that looks like someone is ovepowering another unit then.
I need voive actors for this map and you have to be good and dedicated in it pm me or leave a post if you want to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.