• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The War

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
normal melee map created for 2v2 players.

custom loading screen and minimap.

has fountains,taverns,goblin mercant
Contents

The War (Map)

Reviews
12:16, 14th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 9
opened in editor it says melee map: No so this must be an altered melee(checked object editor it is only a tavern but it is a change so breaks the fact that its a melee map)

anywho

Terrain: 4/5 great tile variation and such but i still miss something to make it excellent it annoys me i dont know what though.

Balance: 5/5 very balanced with drops and positions of stuff

Creeps: 3/5 2 out of 3 creeps camp are okay considering that they are on "camp" but the one in the middle isnt but it should be would be annoying to get them after you when killing the turtles

Map Size: 64x64 i personally think it is kinda small since i like having space between my buildings 3/5 (wont affect rating)

Description on THW: you should make it bigger include a story or something and correct it to 1v1 since 2v2 is a team fight then

Level 12
Sorry, but this map is pretty bad
1) 64x32 playable is quite small
2) all paths are waaay too narrow, with 2 or 3 units most spots are blocked
3) cause of narrow paths and creep camp in the middle low chance of early fighting (only with newbs), base very easy to defend
4) not enough neutrals, op drops
5) blue has more distance between mine and town hall :/
6) its 1v1 as cyper mentioned, where is the mentioned goblin merchant?
7) terrain is..ok, but plz let there be some space outside the camera bounds, cuz it looks crap if there's just black; maybe add some weather effects/fog
8) only 1 mine per player

suggestions:
-make this map a loot bigger, clean pathes for evtl rushing, make wider and more pathes!!!!!
-add more creeps
-remove custom loading screen
(I would totally recreate this map)
-give it a more suitable name

I hope you don't feel offended, but i just can give you those tips,
because the way it looks now it won't get approved by the mods

~Kallimachos~